Posted: Aug 14th 2011 12:01PM Quinnthalas said

Player Created Content and UGC (USer generated Content) is one of the great mysteries of gaming to me, its so underused and yet the two games that have really put it at their heart (Neverwinter nights and Minecraft) Sold in huge quantities. Cryptics cut down version for STO and Neverwinter barely seems to scratch the surface of what I am looking for.

I covered this topic in depth a few days ago in a video blog and the question is still, why havent Triple A devs picked up that this is a major area of interest for people. Is it the lack of monetisation options or the complexity of developing a UGC toolset?

Either way I would love to see a real (not cut down) successor to NWN or a triple A minecraft.

Incase you want to check out my thoughts on Community content.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 12:17PM Raikulxox said

EverQuest 2's coming out with a design your own dungeon feature. It's implemented well too, since you have to quest/craft/loot building blocks for the dungeons, making the economy that more fleshed out.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 12:45PM Rodolfo said

I'm from the @Storybricks crowd

All the UGC in MMO was meaningless to me, felt like it was not weaved in the story and mostly about simulating boring stuff. Example is the "design your own dungeon". I left behind dungeon crawlers in the '90s in pen and paper and moved to a more storytelling-focused gameplay. I hope to bring the same change with Storybricks.

I am sure dungeon will be amazing, I just want to create amazing characters and cities.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:29PM Borick said

For me It's about ownership of content as much as creation of content. I want a personal, viable stakehold in my online world. I'm sick of 'You're in OUR world now'.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant