Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:39PM Jenks said

Awesome!

I started playing Eve casually about 2 months ago. I'm flying a Vexor right now doing a few missions here and there. The Dominix is the ship I want to graduate to eventually. Thanks for the writeup!

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 7:30PM sortius said

@Jenks Dominix is one of the best low skill battleships around.

I used mine to great success in 0.0 for both fleet ops and ratting.

I would have raged if a shield tank/neut setup wasn't given. It's probably the best small gang setup you can use. If you gang with a few T1 frigs & cruisers it'll be hard of anything short of a few battleships to take your gang out.

Dominix is a good training ship to move on to carriers due to the drone bay size. I jumped straight into my Thanatos and immediately knew what to do in battles.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:48PM jakkafire said

• 1 heart
next week perpetuum is gonna have a mass pvp fight in ics, lets see if the ves community can match that in jita :P

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:48PM Eamil said

This almost makes me want to mission in EVE again. I actually liked running missions using drones.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 8:13PM Purplepastafarian said

Im sorry but this is where I have to adamantley disagree with you, PvP in a Domi? never! its barely adequate as a lowskill rr alternative to the guardian let alone active tanking one for solo pew! Active tanking a BS is stupid as in fleets you'd be better off with a buffer and solo pvping in a BS's is for the insane and uber wealhy.

Yes these fits will work well against newbs in cruisers and frigs but a small BC gang that know what they're doing will be posting killmails and sipping redbull inside of 30 seconds.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 8:31PM Brendan Drain said

@Purplepastafarian The dual rep domi is a standard PvP fit, and it's incredibly effective in small scale warfare and solo piracy/antipiracy. There are plenty of examples out there of people tearing gangs of seasoned veteran pirates to shreds with that setup. This video has some great examples:

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 8:13PM Kalex716 said

I would like to comment that the neut domi will scare the beejezus out of people. Even if flown with low skills, its often enough to scatter and break most any equal gang.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 9:02PM cogswick said

Are you sure you aren't in TEST?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 9:28PM Brendan Drain said

@cogswick Nope, what makes you ask that?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 9:50PM Yukon Sam said

I used to mine in a Dominix. Not very efficient, but pretty much rat-proof while you're training up for the Hulk.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 11:02PM smg77 said

Domis make great bait. Park in a belt and pretend you're ratting with a few T1 drones out and when the small-gang elite-pvp heroes warp in you open a covert cyno and ruin their day.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 11:19PM Brendan Drain said

@smg77 Ever tried fitting a damage control and six Reinforced Bulkhead IIs when you are baiting? I can just imagine the look on someone's face when they tear right through your shield and armour and then hit an 80k EHP wall at your hull. If you're baiting in an operation where you won't need to have tackle gear, you could also fit a full shield tank to double your EHP and surprise the hell out of them when they hit your hull. That would be hilarious to try out.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 7:47AM LeBouc said

@Brendan Drain

You Sir are an evil evil man! :P

On a more serious note, the comments count for multi-page articles like this one, needs to reflect the last page, not the first

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 4:44PM smg77 said

@Brendan Drain
Yeah hull tanking a domi is awesome. My Elite Hull Reinforcement certificate is the only one I display publicly.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 12:23AM adrianjohnmurphy said

I'd rather use an ishtar.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 7:50AM Zethe said

I liked the domi but have just trained for the ishtar, love it.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 9:27AM natheist said

For PVE, I roll with 5 Bouncer IIs instead of another 5 Ogres. They help cut down on travel time for drones and let me get some quick kills at a distance for some of the more spread out missions.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 3:33PM (Unverified) said

I've been running level 4s in an Apocalypse, but it leaves a lot to be desired in some missions. I'm currently skilling up for a Dominix, so this was useful.

One thing I will mention, however, is that your first PvE set-up (the Mission Blitzer) seems to require Advanced Weapon Upgrades V. I know that if you're training up T2 guns anyway, an extra 20 days or so isn't that big of a deal, but it is worth mentioning that you can't make that fit without perfect fitting skills.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 11:20AM Syldinada said

I must be missing something on the Shield Neut Domi fit. It doesn't seem to have enough Power Grid even with all level 5 skills.
I use two accounts so what would be the best Wingman to go with it?

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 11:46AM Brendan Drain said

@Syldinada Be sure to use Unstable neuts, they're the best named versions and have the same stats as T2 but less powergrid usage. The Power Diagnostic Systems increase powergrid output, but the setup still falls a tiny bit short. To make it all fit, you need to have a 3% powergrid implant or use a cheap 1% implant and swap the capacitor booster for Heavy Electrochemical one.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014