Posted: Aug 13th 2011 7:25PM Poordevil said

"I think it would have been very hard to achieve those results if we had gotten things wrong and the offerings weren't appealing." quote da boss

There you have it! Hard to argue against success, so take your 60 points and be ye thankful :)

Hard to convince a store owner to lower prices and make freebees more generous when he is raking in the money. Seriously, I can see his point completely. But like all stores there will be sales, and as far as the 60 points per month, I look at it like this; all that can do is go up, it can't go any lower. So it will either remain the same or go up, and in time I think it will be raised. Besides, I am glad to see the game so prosperous, all it means is more content, a longer enduring game, and a better game for fans of AOC.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 8:53PM Valentina said

60 points is pretty pathetic.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 10:29PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
They will be milking the movie with free to play model. Neither the film or the game are good enough for anything serious other than cheap tricks to fool ppl. But hey.. thats what Funcom has been from day one in all their MMOs.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 9:46AM (Unverified) said

@Deadalon

Not sure when you last played AoC, but just started a few days ago and it's definately one of the better games I've ever played. Great story, awesome graphics and character customization, large skill customization, alternative advancement and plenty of people joining or rejoining to group with. The cash shop items are either fluff or stuff that will help you with leveling; but, the really good items can only be obtained in-game. There is no reason one "needs" to buy anything if they don't want to.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:38PM Deadalon said

@(Unverified)

Some actually payed for that great story 3 years back. They payed full price for a junk of a game with Funcom trying everything possible to cheat players and keep information away from them about real state of the game.

Right now AOC is a mediocer free to play title - that was payed for by alot of disspointed and cheated players. Some ppl like you will give it great remarks for few weeks - pay few euros or dollars and then walk away. Thats exactly what Funcom is counting on - cause their MMO games and the treatment of their playerbase has been horrific from the first day of AO.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:07PM (Unverified) said

@Deadalon

It's too bad your hatred of what happened 3 years ago is clouding your view of how things are today. I'm having fun, and plan to stick around. They've got my money until I choose to take it away. At present I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 5:11AM Cylien said

@Deadalon

My lord you are a bitter creature get a life!

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 12:52AM Dagget said

If the open world PvP bosses are structured well, like Taresque in Anarchy Online, it should be great fun. The key is extremely desirable gear in limited amounts that everyone is willing to fight over; and a well designed combat zone.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:30AM Caulk said

I want a way to earn FC points in-game. Through an achievement system maybe.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 8:56AM ShivanSwordsman said

@Caulk

My friend, Turbine has you covered with that. With DDO, you do quests and get "faction", and every milestone of faction you get, you get cash shop points for DDO. LOTRO has the "Deed" system. By completing deeds for titles, you also get cash shop money for LOTRO. Believe me when I say, you'd be a lot better off going to Turbine, and leaving Funcom in the dust.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:56AM tororosso said

Very good game, only tried the game recently and at first didnt not expect much only wanted to demo the game but now im very much trapped in the HQ dx10 sight and sound's game world.
Im now a fan and it would be great to see the game in STEAM's Free to play category.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 7:11AM Gaugamela said

So basically they are ripping-off their subscribed players by not giving them enough points to use in the cash shop.
If I pay a subscription in a premium game I sure as hell shouldn't feel the necessity to pay more cash in the cash shop.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 8:46AM (Unverified) said

@Gaugamela
true, there is nothing in the shop you'd need as a subscriber ;)

go away freeloaders.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 4:31PM (Unverified) said

@ShivanSwordsman
u mad? :D

the game was running fine before you freeloaders, it will be running fine afterwards. everyone that has a clue AND a job subscribes atm. god do i hate this gratis-culture ...

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 8:54AM ShivanSwordsman said

@(Unverified)

Oh dear, he slung a meme at me to try and come out ahead in an argument... now I KNOW I'm dealing with a 14 year old.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 11:58AM thedoommarine said

Is AoC still doing the crappy model where the Subs have to pay for the new content instead of getting it for free like every other F2P model?

All I remember is hearing about this and went nope, not playing again till they change that.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:41PM Deadalon said

@thedoommarine

Yes - you pay full price for content... then buy stuff to gain advantage on other players. Perfect "free to play" model.

Not to mention the millions of ppl that payed full price for a box of junk at start.-

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 5:10AM Cylien said

@Deadalon

My lord you are a bitter creature! Get a life!

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:13PM (Unverified) said

I paid $20 for the RoTG expansion, and have a sub which is $15 per month. If you want to play for free then yes you are going to be limited in content, although you can still level to cap. Regardless of what other F2P titles are doing you have to make the decision on whether or not THIS game is worth it. Personally I think it's a great value compared to other games that are out there.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge