Posted: Aug 13th 2011 1:35PM donweel said

While I agree that Hollywood has lost touch with what movie making was all about, talent and good story-telling, I am actually kind of enjoying AoC. Never tried it before because it is too large to download. Got the DVD for ten bucks, and jumped in. Good storyline so far, not as epic as LotRO but so far the game is keeping my interest.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 1:50PM Gaugamela said

Man, what's hape with all the hating for AoC? I thought that ended years ago.
Why do some people feel the need to trash every MMO?

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 3:43PM DJJazzy said

@Gaugamela

Yeah I don't get it either.

I've been playing quite a bit these past two months and I've enjoyed it immensely. It seems some people just can't let go of old grudges.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 11:05PM Poordevil said

@DJJazzy

I was playing AoC and really enjoying it before the graphics update or Unchained launched, and back then the trolls were everywhere. Constant whining and pouting over what I saw as a great MMO. I really couldn't understand it. Now with the increase in population and so many more players seeing the game for themselves, it is getting tough for them to maintain even a shred of credibility. The game is standing on its own, being upheld by its own content and gameplay. Anyone who takes the trouble to DL and install it can see for themselves what AoC has to offer. There will never be another game that does the Conan IP more justice.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 1:58PM Poordevil said

I am glad we will have a new LvL 50 character to go along with the adventure pack. I was wondering how was I going to experience it with all my favorite characters past 50. I wouldn't mind rolling anew if we had options other than Tortage to start out in. I think a new starter area would make a worthy adventure pack... hint hint. I also like the plan of offering smaller, diverse updates than waiting a year or more for a major expansion. I love exploring new areas and interacting in different environments and cultures. It is really what keeps my sub active.

Can't believe how much the game has transformed in just little over a year since I first logged on! I picked a great time to hop on board; a major game engine and graphics overhaul , tons of new content rolling out, many new faces in game, a new Conan movie around the corner, Howard's Conan stories to read for adding knowledge and appreciation for the game. Like Jef says, there is no better time to experience this MMO. This is as good as it gets for any game!

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 2:25PM pid said

Kidding about the picture:

Those bones are from long before that guy stepped on them. He has nothing to do with their killing, is just a by-passer. Thinking about it, that must be a pretty ugly one with a lot of madness in his head... Epic pic? nah... a history of psychiatric failings.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 2:48PM (Unverified) said

best game ever, and now its crowded too. can't wait for the expansion. melee changes will improve the already awesome combat system, and there are simply no dungeons out there that come even close to AoC's.

Every single new member in our guild (and thats about 40 in the last weeks) did subscribe by now happily. freeloaders leave, gamers stay.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 3:42PM Dunraven said

I am having so much fun in AoC right now and I haven't spent a dime, Funcom has gone through and kicked out that handful of idiots who was griping and making everyone else lives miserable. Its easy to find a group the socialization is good , Mature without someone spamming the Fbomb or talking about their love of nine year old boys. And most of all it feels like a Conan story. I don't know if Ill plop down cash to Raid or not but for a pet or a mount why not?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 12:08AM (Unverified) said

@Dunraven

They just needed more time to get their footing, they released the game too soon, probably because of money problems, no more dev budget left or so. If they'd waited another 0.5-1 year, things would have been a lot different.

Like the game is now, it gives a good Hyboria experience. The content updates seem like a good idea, delivering new and diverse regions on a more frequent basis.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:52AM Gaugamela said

The amount of trolling that surrounds most MMOs is contributing to drive me away from these games. You play them for the communities and its becoming harder and harder to put up with certain attitudes.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 7:04AM tororosso said

This game would benefit even more if it was to be offered in Steam Client. like Champion's online and forsaken world, global agenda, team fortress2, etc. imo AoC is 10 yrs advanced compared those games offer in steam but unfortunatly those same games are getting 10x more exposure than Age of Conan. AoC to Steam Who's with me?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 9:51AM (Unverified) said

I passed over this game a year or so ago. Not sure why, but now that I'm giving it a shot again it's been one of the best experiences I've had so far. I like the idea of smaller and more frequent content updates, ala Rift. Even the Mightly Giant seems to be ripping a page out of that book.

Ask Massively: What's with all the WoW hate?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM