Posted: Aug 12th 2011 9:58PM Pitt said

Yeah a few times iv'e met up with online friends.

I went to paintball with my old Battlefied clan, that was a awesome day.

I've also met up with with my EQ2 guildies a few times, we went out to dinner and the pub, and topped off the night with a trip to the strippers, lol and it was the girls idea.

It's good meeting people you've talked to in vent for a few years, and meeting them in person finally.

You get all sorts from all walks of life, but we all have at least one common interest, which means there's a lot to talk about :D

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 12:48AM Elikal said

I guess our online friends HARDLY look like THIS. Just a gues, eh. =P

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 10:47PM Inspectah said

Multiple times have I attended and hosted get togethers for the people i play online with. all the way back to some of my DAOC guild (5 of them) who DROVE from Iowa to me in NY for new years. They brought their PCs for gaming at my place, and clogged/overflowed my toilet. But 2 of them were some military guys and made sure to leave the whole house perfect and even cleaner then when they got there. Oh and the Towel that cleaned up the overflowed toilet was accidentally used by another one of them when he took a shower the next day.

Me: Uh, whered you get that towel?
Him: It was on the floor but it was dry
Us: OH GOD THATS THE S@$% TOWEL!!!!

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 2:31PM (Unverified) said

Met a few guildies at Gencon last summer and it was a blast. This year one of them and two other guildies I haven't met will be stopping by our house one evening to hang out. Looking forward to it!

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 6:46PM Majicebe said

I did once. Some guildies found out I lived in the same town, then they visited me at my work, of all places. Was sort of an awkward moment.

Posted: Aug 24th 2011 11:55PM Lumin said

Unfortunately, I haven't found a guild or group of friends online that lasted long enough or had a broad enough scope outside of whatever game we were playing to stage a real life meet-up.

I have met some people who happened to be living in the same area as me, but as for anything that requires a serious time and money commitment (plane tickets) I have never met anyone who would be worth the trip.