Posted: Aug 12th 2011 9:29AM MMOaddict said

Now that's unique.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 10:14AM sortius said

@MMOaddict unique and sexy! that's seriously nice stuff, being browser based I'm even more impressed.

Damn you massively, making me wait for ANOTHER MMO!

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 11:14AM Jon7 said

@sortius

If you really want to try it, the first one has been out for over a year. This new one looks like the same game, just with added multiplayer/mmo features http://store.steampowered.com/app/49800

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 10:23AM Space Cobra said

Based on that question, "What would make a good IP for an MMO?" after a day or so, I was thinking more and wondering about Crimson Skies being an MMO, as well.

I don't see where we have access to single-player planes, but this is a nice step toward something similar.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 10:55AM Kaoss said

Crimson Skies! I loved that game, this will be an interesting game for sure

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 11:24AM Pingles said

*sigh*. Another game bookmarked in anticipation of Closed Beta. I'm running out of room on my bookmarks!

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 11:40AM Duckman435 said

Muse has a good group of developers met them about a year ago when discussing game development using Unity. Excited for this release.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 12:56PM Kurremkarmerruk said

This reminds me of Air Buchaneers!

TOTALLY AWESOME! I can't wait!

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 2:45PM (Unverified) said

If it's anything like the first game, and it looks just like it, it really isn't anything like Crimson Skies.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 8:09PM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

I disagree. The atmosphere and setting are similar. If you're talking gameplay I'd agree to that.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 1:57PM MuseGames said

Hey Guys - Random developer post here to clue everyone in on what to expect.

First - of course we're fans of Crimson Skies! Who isn't?! That said, the setting is not terribly similar, but we're certainly trying to keep the same vibe you'd get out of that world. Maybe less communist / fascist innuendo :D

Second- The game is both like and NOT like the original Guns of Icarus (Which the second video above is from). Combat is still in real time of course, guns blazing and ships exploding in full effect glory... but you can expect the combat to have more meaning and be focused more on enemy airships than the original which was mostly an "on rails" shooter. Yes I am saying you'll have one player controlling the ship (awesome!) this time while other players man guns, repair broken parts, and activate a variety of items.

Any more I dare not say yet ;) - Expect the browser version to work just like the downloadable version. What we want is to create an MMO that rewards skilled piloting and gunning over timed button mashing... where danger is always lurking around every corner and teamwork is needed to thrive. (That said, NPC crew will be available for all you anti-social MMOers! LOL)

Stay tuned to Massively and I am sure they'll have lots of juicy information in coming months :)

-Joe L. PR Guy at Muse Games