Posted: Aug 11th 2011 11:30AM MtthwRddl said

I guess add me to the group that doesn't care for the new 'fast travel' additions.

I know almost every other MMO has fast travel but why does GamersFirst feel like Fallen Earth has to adhere to the same (boring) rules as all the other MMOs?

I hope G1 doesn't make any other large changes/additions to the game.

I fear they will taint crafting in some way.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 12:42PM arodriguezc said

@MtthwRddl

Dude I don't think it is G1 the one that made the call. To tell you the truth I kind of like it, if I need to get somewhere FAST I can do that, if not I can hop on my bike and ride there with the occasional resource gathering.

You know you don't have to ride it, right?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 11:51AM SnarlingWolf said

Fallen Earth was one of those games that seemed interesting when it was released. However, I am not a big fan of paying for a box for an MMO when there are dozens of quality ones I can go play a free trial and then simply pay the sub (which are more polished and have more content).

So I did what I do with all new MMOs, I waited for the free trial to come around. By the time they added that, I was past the interest phase.

I wonder how many other people did the same thing? I think subscription MMOs need to hurry up and get rid of the box sales (do collectors boxes for those who want them, SW:tOR has shown there are lots of people who do) and simply start right out with a free trial and sub. Indie companies 100% have to do this to compete. People don't trust Indie companies to get it right and be worth $50-$60 at launch.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 12:51PM arodriguezc said

@SnarlingWolf

"However, I am not a big fan of paying for a box for an MMO when there are dozens of quality ones I can go play a free trial and then simply pay the sub (which are more polished and have more content)."

I believe they are changing this with the new F2P model, but at the same time they will keep the boxes in the stores with some added bonus (unknown as of yet). I would suggest you go for the trial, the game is kind of a sandbox (with levels) with a steep learning curve but once you get the idea it is a really cool game. Get the free trial and if you like it get the box get it from amazon it is 3 USD at the moment so you can't go wrong. Here is the link:

Now once the game goes F2P buy something from the store to show support to their game. Please do not be one of those people that thinks F2P means that the company forgoes making money because it thinks it is all about the fans. Show your support.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 2:46PM Vorender said

The addition of all these fast travel locations is like a big banner on the game saying, "Thank you former customers that enjoyed the game the way it was, but there isn't enough of you to pay our bills." I mean I understand, they have to make money, it just makes me sad to see a game that mixed Sandbox and Themepark so well tip to heavily to the latter. Good luck with your new audience, Icarus/G1...and thanks for the fond memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to trying to figure out WURM Online.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 4:07PM Cavadus said

I LOL every time I read someone praising FE's crafting system. The only difference between the crappiest themepark crafting systems and FE's is that FE's can be queued so you can go do other stuff.

That's it. There's no item customization of any kind, all gear is strictly tied to player level like any other themepark, and widget X will be identical to every other widget X no matter who crafted it.

Sad to read about the fast travel. I remember when they first added it way back when it was as a stop-gap until they got the monorails working. And they were talking about having the players themselves rebuild the monorails which would have been pretty awesome.

Sad to see the direction they went... I suppose that's there where this game is heading now.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 9:11PM ElfLove said

You guys do realize, that you done have to use fast travel right?

Right?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 9:52PM ViRi said

too bad we cant create a game where you pick previous games attributes such as crafting from swg and combat from wherever.