Posted: Aug 11th 2011 7:51PM Tberg said

Sounds interesting. anyone played? Is it worth checking out? in between games looking for something to play.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 7:06AM (Unverified) said

Don't you all get tired of theese types of games? I mean to me they all look the same....

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 7:11AM dranzerk said

Its a welcome vacation from other MMO..however its not really fun till max level..and that is HARD.

I went to level 50. Quests start to disappear from then out out and the grind is TERRIBLE. I'm talking a few hours a day for 3 weeks for next level if you don't buy for real money Gpotato cash experience helpers.

They have free ones they give out maybe once a week that lasts for a day (real world), if you are lucky to be on then. But its still pretty slow.

I think maybe $10 gets you some nice exp buff stuffs, but most don't play a free MMO to pay anyways.

I understand the cash shop concept, and they do a good job of balancing it. But it is required for exp if you plan on getting to max level anytime before the next best game comes out that is not free.

As for the PvP?
It is epic i'll give them that. But its very mind numbing to say the least.

You have the gankers who prey on the lowbies, its not very bad till level 30+ and even then its just every now and then.

The relics?
The big battles are over these, and while i get they want to keep everyone engaged..sadly its nonstop relic taking everyday. To the point you don't really care if they get them. Sure you lose bonuses like exp/damage/etc but its dumb how its put into play. They are in the open, a group can take them. Its not a concentrated effort.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 12:32PM mizanyx said

I have been an avid player of another previous game from JoyImpact, Tantra Online, and I can say that AIKA has lots of concepts ported from Tantra ( Fortunately, the good ones mostly ). I actually left AIKA for a while because of the grind after level 50. Fortunately they introduced minibosses that give high amounts of XP, so grinding is very reduced now.

What I cannot understand is why such a heavily PvP focused game doesn't have any form of dueling (consensual PvP between 2 characters of the same nation). Dueling is needed to hone PvP skills, test out builds and tactics against distinct types of enemies, etc. Tantra had it, most games have it, I don't know why AIKA doesn't.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 1:22PM dranzerk said

@mizanyx

How does that help if you are the same nation...? :P

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 2:08PM mizanyx said

@dranzerk Because you can practice tactics and builds without exposing to be ganked. You learn quickly what does work against different builds and what is useless.

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays