Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:11PM Cyclone Jack said

• Half a heart
So 4 articles about Rift in a single day and drops news also and it gets no coverage. Why not just make a sub site for Massively devoted to Rift?

The favoritism is just amazing and it is becoming pointless to come to this site because all we see if constant Rift news.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:15PM Cyclone Jack said

• Half a heart
@Cyclone Jack

I fail. Apparently greater than and less than are unusable in this primitive comment section. :(

It should have read: "So 4 articles about Rift in a single day and "insert game here" drops news also and it gets no coverage."

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:19PM RicoGlox said

• Half a heart
@Cyclone Jack

STFU.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:32PM Faction 3 said

• Half a heart
@Cyclone Jack

STFU

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:38PM Ehra said

@Cyclone Jack

If you're so concerned about certain games having news-worthy updates that you feel should end up on Massively then maybe you should send in tips? I'd imagine that Massively doesn't have people actively checking every single MMO out there. Rift, on the other hand, is being actively played by multiple members of the staff, so of course they're going to catch most updates related to the game.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:46PM Oskari said

@Cyclone Jack

Wow, I guess everyone missed the reference?

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:55PM Cyclone Jack said

@Ehra

Nah, I was poking fun from another news article this morning, which is why I put the :) at the end. People are so serious. :p

For those that missed the reference:

All in good fun. :)

On a side note, EoN looks interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for it during the GamesCom articles.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 8:56PM Apakal said

@Cyclone Jack

Well played good sir.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:20PM (Unverified) said

I thought it was funny

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 8:29AM j1083 said

As someone who gave up on Rift early because it seemed clear it was the same raid-or-reroll as WoW, this would theoretically interest me. Yet: Chronicles *instances.*

Memo to you Trion: I was interested in Rift because the rifts were supposed to make it so dynamic and social and next gen, remember that? So why is it that no one does rifts because they're mind-numbingly repetitive and give inferior rewards to introductory endgame instances?

Why is the endgame of this supposedly social and dynamic MMORPG to funnel everyone into instances, at this point no solo ones? Your priorities, they seem a little off to me.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 8:30AM j1083 said

@j1083 Just to clarify, "no solo ones" should be "now solo ones." Instances are already kind of antisocial, IMO, solo ones even moreso.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 9:05AM fallwind said

@j1083 I had a full raid (and some in a second) running a zone event last night... not sure where people get the "no one does rifts/events anymore" idea.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 7:32PM soberkinkster said

I love the game so this might be biased;

The fact is TRION is doing or announcing stuff daily, sometimes hourly so a good mmorpg website would have to have a lot of articles due constant updates, patches, announcements, etc.

The game is one of the newest ones we have right now so it would be news worthy to keep a little spotlight on it while its in its infancy. Anyone remember when AOC came out? or LOTRO? it was all you heard about for a few months. And, this one doesn't suffer any of the launch disasters of Aoc, FF14, AION (remember that one? its a great game... now).

Anywho, I do hope that people give this game a shot as my wife and I play it together when we can and really enjoy it.

Thanks

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM