Posted: Aug 10th 2011 10:14PM Tizmah said

Games are art. Great art causes a person to have substantial activity in the mind and heart of an individual. Piccaso's paintings which were normally chaotic and odd representations of body parts we know translated that feeling to others. Yet his paintings weren't in proportion or factually right, yet would you consider his stuff "bad"? Some might, but it's a matter of how it connects to the individual. When I see a painting of a knight slashing a dragon, I may love it because it inspires, but my grandmother would think it's awful, and love her painting of angels in heaven more because it speaks to her.

It's alright to disagree with someone, but to say someone has bad taste? Well that may be true, but that's because it's not your taste. It speaks to them different. We weren't made to be the same. We come from all walks of life and have different experiences.

Art rant over :)

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 11:42PM fdisk said

Both Allods and Forsaken World are huge omissions to this list.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 1:51AM Lenn said

@fdisk Are the concepts of "taste" and "opinion" really that hard to grasp for some people?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 12:09AM agitatedandroid said

Hadn't noticed Dragon Nest before today so thanks for bringing it to my attention. Enjoying it quite a bit.

Oh, and it is rather pretty.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 2:02AM fdisk said

Obviously, they are; let me rephrase my post so you can understand it better:

It is my opinion that both Allods and Forsaken World are huge omissions to this list.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 4:01AM Lenn said

@fdisk Yes, quite clearly the fault lies with me for not understanding your "Both Allods and Forsaken World are huge omissions to this list" as opinion. How can you possibly call them "huge omissions" when it's abundantly clear that the author is giving his opinion? Can you read his mind?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 2:17AM mattwo said

I'm sorry how is "clone wars lack of advetures" good? Considering the other two MMOs of the franchise was(SWG) and will be(ToR) proper MMOs, there's no excuse for that PoS.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 4:02AM Lenn said

@mattwo Did you read it?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 3:39AM Niieh said

I totally agree with you about Runescape :) Love the graphics, too bad it has such an awful community.

Faxion looks nice! I really like the artstyle. Is it a fun game?

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 2:38PM Ordegar said

Lord of the Rings Online
Everquest II Extended
Forsaken World

Anarchy Online has some of the most amazing artwork. It's a stunning game; though it is a bit hard to compare with today's games due to its low res textures and low polygon DirectX 7 engine. So, to be clear, I'm talking about the ART, not the graphics engine.