Posted: Aug 10th 2011 1:43PM Daemodand said

So I tried it, and found it to have graphics and menus that are very clean and slick. Probably the cleanest, slickest graphics and menus I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, as is typical for Asian MMOs, Eden Eternal is like a supermodel a few minutes after her death. Beautiful but soulless.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 2:00PM Beau Hindman said

@Daemodand I'd have to disagree with you. Firstly, "Asian" MMO could mean any number of different areas, all with different styles and people. Perhaps you can indicate which country you are referencing, even though within each country there are a lot of different styles. Either way, I'm sure that outsiders might say that all of the US has but one style.

Also, there are so many different titles that I alone have played (not to mention the readers here, and the millions of others around the world) that I would prefer it if people were specific.

If I said "Western style", I be would referring to control scheme or FTP/freemium model, but never style alone. That would be like saying LotRO is just like WoW is just like EverQuest is just like any number of titles.

In other words, what do you mean "Asian"? lol

Beau

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 2:23PM epilepticemu said

@Beau Hindman

Woah woah woah. Woah. Hold up. There is more than one country in Asia?

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 2:30PM fauxcivility said

I have to say that Eden Eternal is very enjoyable. My game of choice right now is FFXIV because of its depth and difficulty, but EE is also good for relaxing and just having fun in a more 'social' setting.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 3:21PM (Unverified) said

EE is a very fun MMO which proves to be surprisingly un-grindy; however, I can't justify playing it and another (subscription) theme-park game at the same time, currently. I'll keep an eye on the updates, however, and I'll probably look into it again as it nears full release. Also, I'm not sure how PvP is going to work out since a lot of the ability animations keep your character locked into place until they're finished. Heh, that curiosity alone makes me want to try it out. Darn you, Eden Eternal, I guess I haven't seen the last of you yet! :P

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 3:24PM (Unverified) said

I'm really enjoying this game! After playing WoW for 6+ years, I was looking for somethign with similar gameplay, but less of the raid-or-die feel. The class system is neat, and the instances are fun. I also love the alpacas, cute pets, and outfits. This is a good, free, game to play if you are like me, avoiding WoW and waiting for SW:TOR and GW2.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 5:55PM Faction 3 said

@(Unverified)

Agree 100%. Im currently waiting on the GW2 monster to launch, and while waiting I was looking for a decent game that could hold my attention longer than the goddamn Tutorial...

EE actually suprised me in MANY ways actually...so many, in-fact, that Im actually sending my friends links & DLs for the game. Got several of them into it already.

Athen - Garnet Server.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 7:23AM ShivanSwordsman said

@Faction 3

I enjoyed the game... till I got to the later raids, and stopped playing entirely. It started becoming a lot like WoW to me. Enemies putting debuffs on the tank that could one shot him, or having a phase where they wipe everyone out in an AOE blast. My Thief wept silent tears in the corner due to this system, and I really decided I don't like the game after that.

I was grinding that dungeon at the very end, just like everyone else. Tanks were rare, though I played it several times myself and enjoyed it (I was a knight, built specifically for Menace). I just couldn't get into the game after wiping several times on the raids. To those who can stand it, I salute you. However, I played to the level cap in CB, and got the best of my game on there. I will however say that Martial Artists are crazy fun in this game, if you level them up.

I've moved on to Dragon Nest now, though if that game ends up boring me, I may return to Eden at some point.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 4:18PM hami83 said

I WAS enjoying this game, but then I got to around level 37 on my character and the amount of grinding is unbearable.
Repeatable quests only give me around 2-3% of my level progress, and if I'm unlucky and die I can lose up to 10% of it.

It really makes you want to buy those CP/XP boosts at the shop, but then I realize I don't like when companies try to do that.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 4:34PM Zethe said

@hami83

I had the same experence, stopped playing about level 35, before that it wasn't too hard to level.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 5:01PM (Unverified) said

@hami83 No exp loss in dungeons, and less boring than grinding overworld mobs a millions times. But that's just how I play it.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 10:05PM hami83 said

No loss in dungeons?

Guess I'll farm the 3-mans then. Cause I HATE the 5 mans. lol

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 10:34PM theinternetman said

With (almost, TERA doesn't suffer from this trait and as a result many Korean payers hate it) any Eastern F2P MMO is going to hit a grind wall. That said Eden Eternal is one of the front runners in terms of F2P MMOs. It's polished, has a decent amount of content, decent stylized graphics, fairly interesting combat, and a regular update schedule.

Though due to the F2P nature Eden Eternal suffers some drawbacks, I would say you will encounter those same drawbacks in any other F2P MMO.

Posted: Aug 11th 2011 7:32PM aeriating1 said

Stay away from this company and it's game.

I played this game hardcore for about 1.5months only to get banned 5 times on the same account!

They ban first and ask questions later. I even caught them manipulating their own forum filters to discredit a post I was trying to make on how I had been innocently banned.

You can read my whole story on how I made 10,000G/day and a detailed account with 70 screenshots on how I played my character.