Posted: Aug 9th 2011 6:20PM Faction 3 said

Now that it's open-beta, do you still have to launch it from Facebook?

If so, Im out.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 12:25PM Dirigible said

@Faction 3 Facebook will always be required to use Earth Eternal. Also, using fake information on your account puts you at risk of losing your characters if they decide you aren't 'real' enough of a person.

Posted: Aug 9th 2011 8:09PM UnknownUser said

Bad time to post the article. EE has been down for an hour or so and has a maintenance window later tonight.

So far it seems to be pretty well executed though with only minor changes from the first iteration. It's perhaps not quite so stable as it was at the end of SparkPlay's reign. It's still early though, and they seem to really want to put out a quality game.

Posted: Aug 9th 2011 10:16PM Pingles said

Be aware that the Earth Eternal Open Beta is the only one I've seen that is going to wipe characters afterwards.

We have been participating in the soft-launch for a few weeks so I am hoping the wipe occurred this evening during patch but if not then be ready to lose your progress.

Can't seem to find any more info on the site.

Posted: Aug 9th 2011 10:34PM Pingles said

@Pingles

My post sounded very ominous. Didn't mean it to.

It's a great game with an amazing community which seemed to all flock back to it when the game was relaunched.

The current developer has a great forum presence and they are making some interesting changes to the game.

Posted: Aug 9th 2011 11:56PM Super Nerd said

@Pingles

I've never been in a beta that HASN'T wiped your charachters..

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 7:45AM UnknownUser said

@Super Nerd
Same here, with one exception. Allods didn't wipe after beta. How could they? The beta lasted ages, and they opened the cash shop to transactions. Once people are paying for goods, a wipe would really tick the customer base off. That was the exception though. Wiping after a beta (and often a few times during the beta) is the norm.

Posted: Aug 10th 2011 9:44AM Pingles said

@Super Nerd

I meant open beta. In the past few years I have not played anything other than F2P betas. EVERY closed Beta I have been in has ended with a wipe.

But NO F2P Open Beta I have ever been in has wiped.

I always thought that was part of the definition of Open Beta but obviously I was mistaken.

Posted: Aug 12th 2011 12:33PM Dirigible said

@Pingles I wouldn't say the community flooded back, honestly. In fact, it's pretty clear that the current company isn't really interested in retaining the original players of the game seeing as they have 99% the same exact content that it had when it was owned by Sparkplay, only with an uglier user interface and dubious models that make three of the races look practically the same now. I wouldn't put bets on them adding anything substantial to the game as the game's designer's answer to the lack of end game was to lazily dump in some overworld bosses instead of opening up new high level areas that have been pending for 2 years now. Problem is, the game balance is so bad right now, even those overworld bosses can be poached by parties of level 16s, when they are supposed to challenge parties of level 50. Not an auspicious start.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant