Posted: Aug 7th 2011 2:57PM winterborn said

@Dril
I cant use my PS3 game pads for shit in shooters so I got a eagle eye keyboard and mouse converter and it works fine for me.
I also use the Move carbine for shooters now, although you look silly with 3D glasses on playing with a toy gun.

My PS3 feels like about 90% of what my rig can do and it was the same price as just one of my video cards.

I think there is a big market for them as even I am getting tired of the PC hardware hampster wheel and its related software issues.

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 9:20AM Spookimitsu said

@Dril
Why is it that you think you can't chat on a console? honestly everything you said outside of the mouse accuracy was complete steaming stinking monkey crap.

You an chat just fine with players in game or on headsets.

Here a clue = its called a keyboard. What you didnt see that coming? How do you chat on a PC? Either on a mic or with a keyboard right? Same thing. And even though the mouse precision is in your opinion better, I'd prefer a gamepad anyways.

The only relevant argument against current MMO's on consoles had to do with ram. Everything else is elitest drivel, you could have saved yourself some time and just typed "CONSOLES SUCK" and gotten on with your life, but fortunately for us you wanted to show how much of a moron you really are. You tried to say that the PC community wasn't elitest, and then TURNED IMMEDIATELY AROUND and slapped yourself in the head with an elitest brick. Here's a question for you. Why would I want to move the mouse cursor, if I have a dual analog controller in my hand? I never once heard FFXI healers complain about using the controller and keyboard.

Anyways, on topic, I'd finally like my effing FFXIV on my Ps3. I've been waiting too long. Vindictus did look pretty cool, wouldnt mind trying that too, and since I've already collected all the chapters of GW1, it'd be nice to have that in the living room. I miss Kryta ._.
Beyond that, I'd still like AoC like we were promised, I want that new Wizardry game they announced at this years E3, but I'll probably just play that on the PC. Blade & Soul is reputedly coming to the PS3, I'd be severely disappointed if it doesn't. LOTRO would be cool too and SWTOR because f*ck you Dril thats why.

And you can run along now and defend your deflated ego.

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 10:12AM Spookimitsu said

@Dril sorry about that dril. Having one of those rough mornings, i guess i took it out on Massively.

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 11:40AM Dril said

@Spookimitsu

Get this.

It'll blow your mind: not everyone in MMO pugs immediately wants to talk on a headset.

And I was specifically responding the original point that "controllers are totally not limited." They are. If you had to choose between a gamepad and a keyboard for any half-decent MMO, a gamepad is simply not practical in any circumstance other than grinding.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 1:53PM rochrist said

None, please.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 2:01PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Probably none of the current ones, but I do hope that the so called "next gen" MMO's will cross over to consoles soon.

MMO's and (to lesser extent) RTS'es are still keeping me in PC-land, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get rid of my PC-gaming rig in not too distant future.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 3:23PM madbassman39 said

Its sad how people hate letting people enjoy games on what ever system they want to play. If there is a current MMO that goes to console, it will not ruin your PC experience. So why shut out a customer base who hasn't experienced the game yet?

WoW is already established and putting it on consoles wont change the UI for PC gamers. Why are people so anti-console even at a point where it wont change anything for them playing the game already on their computer.

We aren't talking about building a game for both, we are talking about taking an existing game and making a console version.

I would love to see champions make it to my Xbox.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 6:00PM ed511df3 said

@madbassman39

"If there is a current MMO that goes to console, it will not ruin your PC experience."

But that's where your argument falls apart. If an MMO is made to work on both systems, then the PC side will suffer. It doesn't HAVE to be that way, but always is because devs want to grind everything down to the lowest common denominator to save money. And it's always the console on that side.

There's a lot of things that consoles do really well. Why the constant need to expand what they can do, and then do a slipshod job of it trying to satisfy two different groups?

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 3:34PM chauncy said

Guild Wars 2 looks like it would be playable on a console with its limited number of abilities, casual-friendly style and slightly more action-oriented gameplay.

Secret World also looks promising for console play.

But current games? Nah, I'm struggling to think of any that I'd like to see on console.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 3:40PM chauncy said

@chauncy Actually, Tabula Rasa would have lent itself well to the console.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 3:48PM Bramen said

Eve.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 4:45PM AlienFanatic said

Existing consoles, probably none, but I think Nintendo has a great idea for an interface with the Wii U. When you are able to use your tablet (or a similar interface) with the console, it opens up a much wider range of possibilities. I could DEFINITELY go for playing an MMO on a Wii U-type of interface where a touchscreen could substitute as a keyboard or its own UI (think of the gems from EQ or the abilities from GW/WOW/etc.)

Right now, I just think controllers are too restrictive for games that require a great deal of communication. Otherwise, all you get are glorified action games with an online mode. The mouse & keyboard really are the main differentiator that makes MMO's more fluid on a PC than a console.

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 9:26AM Spookimitsu said

@AlienFanatic
I'd like to see MMOs on there too.

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 10:40PM madbassman39 said

Not an MMO made to work on both systems, but an MMO that is currently in existence.

How would any MMO currently on the market (WoW, AoC, LoTRO, DDO, CoX ect) change to be worse if they move over to the consoles?

The question is "What CURRENT MMO...". Meaning taking something that exists already and making it available for consoles. How would the PC version suffer?

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 5:38AM nevin said

Yeah I could also see TR run on a console. Someone do it and I would probably buy the console.

With decades of the mouse and keyboard combo, it's second nature. I'm not sure how well I would migrate to a controller however.

How do you select targets quickly in a very fast moving pack of people on a controller? To heal them or to pick out that weak enemy wizard you want to burn down?

Posted: Aug 9th 2011 2:02PM GrumpyGnome said

While not my cup of tea for anything other than fighting games, I can see a couple MMO's with potential for console use. Side scollers obviously would work great, many MMORTS games would work, and personally I feel RIFT was actually made for console play. Others in the genre are all too complex IMO, but who knows.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014