Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 8:00PM Tovrin said

So is this proof that Blizzard have finally run out of ideas? Is WoW just on a holding pattern until Titan is finally announced and the slathering hordes (no pun intended) direct their attention there.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 8:33PM Jenks said

@Tovrin

They've got tons of ideas, but unfortunately most of them are about how to make more money i.e. Diablo 3 RMT auction house.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 10:08PM Budukahn said

First an expansion about a demonic army rampaging across the Universe!

Then an expansion focused on the war against an immortal King of the dead!

Afterwards an expansion featuring a terrible world breaking dragon rising from the core of Azeroth!

And now an expansion featuring giant panda bears on their magical island!.

I know that it's always ideal for a product to broaden it's market as much as possible, but I'm not entirely sure that the players of Hello Kitty Online are going to be enticed into Warcraft. It seems... I dunno, a bit of a step back in terms of ambition?

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 2:58AM pcgneurotic said

Well they have said that they'd be doing one expansion a year now, so the timing is okay. *I think* they've also said in the past that Pandarens were somehow not part of official lore and so would never properly feature. At any rate, I've always really liked them and thought it would be shame not to have them in the world somehow. I always play with my companion Pandaren by my side. Sometimes his little kung fu routines even clip through the mobs I fight, making it look like he's contributing to the fight. :D

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 6:36AM Bongo123 said

all i want to hear from Blizzard these days is a Diablo release date and info about Titan

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 6:47PM (Unverified) said

If Blizzard want Pandas to be horde, alliance or both they will just make up some weak excuse to allow it. Remember, they said at WoW's release that Goblins broke away from the horde and were now neutral as they could make more money that way. So for years Goblins were portrayed as extreme capitalists, think Ferengi for those familar with Star Trek.

Then Cats hits and we get Other Goblins that aren't Those Goblins, so the Other Goblins can be horde now. They did similar in BC as lore-purists wondered why the blood elves were going horde, since in WC3 they were alliance. So Blizzard said that Sylvanas, who originally "held no true loyalty to the horde", was now actively trying to bring them into the horde. Umm so what about the blood elves at the ranger cabin in EPL and Hinterlands? They are friendly to alliance. So the Player Elves can go kill Those Elves, who aren't related to the Other Outland Elves?

Races are easy to design, what WoW Absolutely Needs is a NEW CLASS. Don't care about tauren pallies, gnome priests or night elf mages. Over 6.5 years and the game has only added 1 class? That's rather pathetic.

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 2:20AM OrangeGamer said

I'd play WoW again if this happened. No joke!

Posted: Aug 8th 2011 11:57PM (Unverified) said

I suppose that the Pandarens will be a neutral race that need the aid of azeroths heros. Think "wow does asia" with a possible monk class that starts off...being trained by the neutral pandarens! Makes perfect since to me. throw in tel abim, some south seas, some more water content and guild ships (think guild halls on water) and we have what would be a nice expansion.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:19AM Quinnthalas said

The whole talk of the "law" in china is a bit of a misguided concept its not actually written into "law" anywhere its more a social convention (which in China is pretty much the same thing).

I think Mists of Pandarias announcement at this years Blizzcon will be the first of what Blizzard hopes will be a double body blow to ToR however I think they put a bit too much faith in their aging juggernaut if they think they can do to ToR what they did to War. I cover it here in more detail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRl8Fy9F_nQ

Posted: Oct 21st 2011 12:29PM bergerfry said

I would like to see Blizzard add a Monk class to the game. Similar to the Everquest style.