Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 1:18PM Baby Choo Choo said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified)

That's right. I'm such a WoW fanboy that I don't even play the game. Oh, didn't know that part did you?

I don't even play WoW, but I do enjoy reading about it just as enjoy reading about most video games. So if my wanting of some decency in the comments means I'm a fanboy then so be it...

@j1083
I get your point and maybe haters was a bad choice of words. I'm just saying, if someone is going to come here and complain about how dumb the game is, how they'll never return, how Blizzard is begging players to come back, etc etc then why come here at all? This article isn't about any of that.

I've used this metaphor before and I'll use it again. Half these comments are the equivalent or someone who doesn't like McD's walking into a McD's, standing up, and shouting how much they hate they food. It doesn't make sense. Why even subject yourself to something you know you're going to hate? You're just wasting time at that point.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 1:35PM (Unverified) said

@Baby Choo Choo

WoW is not the only game that has its critics. If you want to read forum comments then you will need to grow thicker skin. Calling people out, telling them to move on with their life for their opinion will not go unpunished in any forum :D

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 6:02PM Baby Choo Choo said

@(Unverified)

I'm man enough to admit I can take things to heart sometimes, but at the same time I'm gonna call people out for actin a fool.

I also know WoW isn't the only game with critics, but even you have to admit that compared to almost every other MMO, and maybe every game except CoD, any time a news story is posted, people come out in waves for the sole purpose of declaring they don't like the game the article is about.

I'm fine with opinions, but there's a fine line between stating your opinion and acting ignorant (not calling you ignorant by the way). They know the article is about WoW. They 'know' they don't like the game. Then why on earth come here and subject yourself to it? It doesn't make any sense. For all we know, there could be a decent number of people interested in this who want to come here, out of every where else, to have a fun, relatively smart conversation about the game, but when they come here and see a bunch of people leaving negative comments for no other reason than to be heard, then why would they want to post?

You are free to give your opinion, but you don't have to be stupid about it. Like I said, if you hate McD's then why on earth would you ever walk into one?...

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 7:06PM (Unverified) said

@Baby Choo Choo

Chuckles- you should read this ( if you haven't already ) :)

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 7:24PM Baby Choo Choo said

@(Unverified)

Well looks like I've been repeating, in a much less coherent way, some of what Justin was saying lol. I wonder how I missed that soapbox though. I usually read or, at the very least, skim over every Massively piece.

I guess I'll have to end my rant here then. All I can say is I hope a lot of people read/will read that.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 12:37PM Seffrid said

Difficult to see how they could dumb the game down any more for the kiddies, but kung fu panda bears would be one way I suppose.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 12:57PM arodriguezc said

How about you they make it a neutral race because the place you go is a new continent? Just thinking.... would love a new class maybe a battle mage like the one in TB holding the portal?

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 1:43PM BLunted said

If this is true, WoW has officially jumped the shark...

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 5:45PM arryn11 said

@BLunted

Yea because Warcraft is brand new and the Panderian were never in Warcraft Lore and there was never Panderian in the series and Warcraft's first game was World of Warcraft.

Play Warcraft 3 >.>

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:24PM Valentina said

I think some people could be forgetting that there could be another race added too. But I bet they would be neutral.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:40PM SkuzBukit said

Maybe a Pandaren race would also herald a new class, Kung Fu master perhaps or some form of Monk that has some healing properties along with kick-ass moves...Gnome Ninjas are waiting to be unleashed!!

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:41PM SkuzBukit said

What would mark a decent anti-Pandaren, something tiger-based or reptilian?

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:46PM eddy96 said

If its true i think the Panderan's will be a race that can be a neutral race at the beginning when you first create a character. What would be cool, if you were to go on an extensive main quest line, that spanned 30 or so levels, and at the end of it you get to choose to be part of the alliance or horde. In the lore Panderans have both connections with the horde and the alliance, particularly with Taurens and Night Elfs.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:50PM Irem said

Pandaren don't interest me and never have, but they have a lot of fans and I'm sure those people are happy to see hints that they might finally be playable. I know if Blizzard were ever to throw playable Ethereals out there, my resolve to never touch WoW again would be sorely tested.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 2:56PM MetaReal said

hmm ... i'm not a big fan of the pandaren pet, but looking at the associated lore http://www.wowpedia.org/Pandaren the potential here really make sens here.

What puzzled me is how on earth the art team could create additional zones in the future with their own personality; it looks like they explored everything within the warcraft lore.

The pandaren open up lots of possibilities regarding new content oriented towards asian culture, martial arts, oriental philosophy. It will probably have some resemblances with "guild wars factions" theme. Brilliant.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 3:07PM eddy96 said

@MetaReal

they could easily do a zone based around japanese architecture (buildings, zen gardens, warships, dress codes etc) and yea like you said things like oriental philosophy and martial arts would be awesome. Imagine having a japanese dragon as a flying mount.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 3:02PM eddy96 said

Brewmaster class would be a great addition as well. Fight with your bare hands and feet (kung fu) or with a staff. What would be cool is that your attacks and how powerful they are based around how drunk your are. Although the drunk effect would be the opposite to what is in the game. So if your rage/mana bar was full your would be completely smashed, not have the drunk screen effect but if your mana bar was close to empty you would become sober and your screen become all hazy. Sorta like how Bender in Futurama is normal when he drinks alcohol but when he stops he becomes sober.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 4:08PM fdisk said

Something tells me they are just going to be neutral non-playable race in the new China-like area much like the bisons and walrus people were in Lich King.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 6:40PM Seldra said

As many have discussed, If this faction is a neutral one it would certainly open doors for a truly neutral faction game for people. In the lore and in the game as a player you meet a lot of neutral groups: Argent Crusade, Cenarion Circle, Sha'tar, etc.

I remember clearly reading something where Blizzard mentioned the possibility of creating a way for Horde and Alliance players to group up like other heroes in their stories. I had my doubts of course, especially considering how conservative Blizzard has been with staying to their formula. With the coming games in the horizon though, they may have to really do something that pushes the boundary literally.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 7:01PM DeadInside said

If they MUST add more playable races, then I think that Blizzard would be making a huge mistake if pandas were not playable and as drunken monks only. This is a race people actually want to play. Not buffalo men or half snake people or any of the other butt-ugly in-game creatures that people have speculated as upcoming playable races. All you do is use the skills they just made for the Diablo 3 monk and add bamboo alcohol. Now that I said it, it won't happen.

In an existing game:

The classic Jackie Chan film:

And I think there was a movie with a panda that did kung fu but I forget the name of it.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014