Posted: Aug 4th 2011 12:06AM Nerves said

Erm, these are real nice and I know that they're opening up (monetizing) PvP this fall, but I fail to see anything new here.

Anyone out there with a better eye?

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 2:29AM (Unverified) said

i don't do monster play in lotro but it seems to be either cosmetic skins for the animals and/or possibly actual slotable gear on the humanoids.

just a guess tho.
i've only seen a very few pictures of current creeps.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 12:12PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

Yeah, it looks like there are more costume options and skins for your monster character.

I loved Monster Play in Lotro. Not many games that you can play a giant spider or a giant "wolf". Was hoping to see some armor on those creatures, but color-schemes are cool.

Hope they expand the Monster-Play regions more. If they ever made it equal to normal LotRO, I'd probably be right back in there!

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 3:02AM Hurbster said

Those Zandalari get everywhere..

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 6:26AM TheGreatMachine said

Is there going to be a map other than the moors? That's about the only thing that could get me interested in pvmp.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 7:13AM Nerves said

@TheGreatMachine
They pushed back the new map to later this year. There is supposedly one coming, but the question is ... when?

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 10:28AM deluxe2000 said

@TheGreatMachine
Instead of a different map, I hope they just expand the region, make more capturable areas, maybe add a reason to hold said areas. One of the strongest points of LOTRO is the immersiveness. Since the PVMP toons level up and can PvE, adding a WoW-type Battleground experience would ruin the whole experience.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 9:32AM Carolina said

I played very little of Monster Play back before F2P. I had no idea what I was doing, I was just finding it funny to be an orc archer with a few quests. Then I ran to the field and a bunch of players slaughtered me :)

I think the concept should be explored more, and I hope they do that. Those times during the Epic quest where you play a game lore character are fun enough, maybe something like that with the monsters that is not just pvp would be cool.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 11:38AM Ardra Diva said

Monster Play can be really interesting actually. You can play a very satisfactory game experience simply as a monster. You get to start at a high level, have quests and improvements you can make, etc.

Plus you get to take on some pretty devastating players and fellowships.

I think it's the coolest wrinkle on PvP going.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories