Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 7:45PM Lenn said

The idea is great, but functionally the hideouts aren't really anything to write home about. Right now you can only access a tailor and the crimecomputer, and the latter can be accessed anywhere from your quest tab. Hopefully they'll add some more functionality to those hideouts, like crafting stations, storage or auction access, so they'll have a use beyond the cosmetic.

They do look great though. Kudos to the designers.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 7:48PM (Unverified) said

Obligatory functionality thread post: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=132764 The Dev's they are listening.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 11:28PM Yellowdancer said

Not in favor of how they are releasing hideouts.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 4:46AM Psychotic Storm said

I like the, hope they expand them more both in variety and functionality.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 7:34AM Tazmanyak said

Hideouts features are for now too much limited. I cant consider them as a real interesting game feature.
More, i totally disagree with cryptic financials on this subject ... 500 points for ONE hideout?
Once again, cryptic wants tons of cash from their low fanbase :/

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 10:23AM OmegaDestroyer said

@Tazmanyak

Unfortunately, I agree. I had bought a few and then it just became too expensive to keep doing so for such limited functionality. They could really benefit from a bank (which is coming) and a crafting table inside. Those features would be really nice when you are zones like Lemuria and Monster Island which inexplicably lack crafting tables.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 12:14PM gandales said

During August, a shared bank functionality (finally not more mails to pass stuff among my chars) will be added to the hideouts. I've never been fan of SG bases or hideouts since they tend to end up underused. However, I kind of like the design, especially the mystic sanctum I chose.