Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 6:38PM Marz said

I always get a kick out of the "No Endgame" rant.

This rant usually usually seen when the game is still in BETA and isn't even out yet.

Really a game in BETA has no endgame? How Strange.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 11:33AM Ardra Diva said

Good games are ruined by low populations.

I think people are worried that the market is too diluted. They hope certain games fail so that the populations of their favored game might increase.

Posted: Aug 6th 2011 1:37AM socialenemy2007 said

The problem is the MMO genre is completely filled with "Me too!" games, that copy MMO 2.0's formula of questing to level (thanks WoW).

I played Everquest 1 from launch in March of 99, until 2009, yet I can't find a single current gen MMO that doesn't bore me to death within 2-3 months.

For me, it's all about community. I have yet to find a community in current MMO's that even closely resembles the early eq1 community. The best part of eq1 was when the epic quest 1.0's came out. They required sometimes up to 80 people to take down a boss in order to help one person get the quest item he or she needed. That takes some serious coordination, and un-selfishness on the part of that persons guild mates. Something completely lacking nowadays.

Developers need to stop feeding the selfishness, and making single player MMO's. Until then, I'll be shaking my old man stick on the back porch. haha :P

Posted: Aug 7th 2011 6:21PM Marz said

"The prophet of doom" should be re-named, the "Hey kid get off my lawn" guy.

They go on and on about how, "Back in my day MMO's were better than today, Why I had to wait around in a dark cave for a week just for one rare spawn and then someone else killed it first so I had to wait around another week in that dark cave for it to re-spawn. "Those were the days."

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM