Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:22PM Fakeassname said

Is that image forthcoming to the one shot's gallery?

I wanted to see it full size without the corruption from it being downsized for the post, but it's not yet in the gallery and clicking on the image in the post doesn't bring it up either ... unless the pic is naturally downsized, which would suck because that's the first shot I've seen for the game post-release that looks like what was shown while it was in development.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:34PM Rubi said

@Fakeassname Should be there, now, just click the image!

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 5:04PM Fakeassname said

@Rubi

this has to be the first game that uses depth of field and bloom to a quality effect.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 7:15PM knar66 said

@Fakeassname
It's one of the best looking MMOs out there, which is impressive for an indie dev. I run perfectly on the highest settings, but until they fully optimize the engine a lot of people have to play on medium or low. I recommend it to any sandbox fans, especially old neocron/anarchy/shadowbane players.

It hasn't been publicly announced/advertised yet, but ER has a free trial http://www.play-earthrise.com/game/public/trial-register

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 12:22AM herculesmrb said

@knar66

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. With all the less than stellar reviews I was waiting for a free trial so as to lessen the cost if the game is just not my thing.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:37PM SnarlingWolf said

By player made I assume he is saying player crafted in-game, not player created models that were brought into game?

Either way it is interesting, but the second one would be far more interesting.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:46PM Facebeta said

When you need help, just call...

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 5:33PM Octahedron said

Oh yeah Earthrise... that game intrigues me, but I fear actually getting started in it...

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 5:38PM Fakeassname said

@Octahedron

me too, if there was one game I would play if it was F2P this would be it. at teh same time this is one game that I feel F2P would absolutely destroy.

it's a conundrum ...

best solution would probably be for it to go B2P with appearance based perks in a cash shop and paid content expansions.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 6:03PM Halldorr said

@Octahedron I bought this game despite hearing peoples complaints about performance. I wish I hadn't. It may be my aging computer but it ran so poorly...and I so wanted it to run well.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 9:44PM Azules said

@Halldorr I have a beasty 8 gig quad core, and it runs terribly for me too, the game lags very badly, and it isn't graphic or network lag... it's just, I dunno.. poor. you can't do anything to improve it, either.

shame you paid for it, I feel for ya.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 9:15AM Krayzjoel said

@Octahedron

Save your money. I tried it 2 months ago. The only thing going for this game is the environments are nice. Laggy/clunky combat, laggy game, horrible UI, and broken mission/quests.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 8:18PM Graill440 said

I have noticed, since this game opened, that the Turquoise color is a preffered motif. Maybe its just the choice of screenshots i have seen.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 9:46PM Azules said

Just so everyone knows, they have a free trial out. DO NOT drop money on this game. if you're curious, get the trial.

I'm starved for a decent scifi mmorpg, and even I will say don't touch this game yet. it's laggy, incomplete and broken.

Even mentioning an issue in global chat will get you verbally assaulted by the small playerbase, who're so desperate to defend the fact they paid for the game, their phasers are permanantly set to 'kill' if you catch my drift.

I'll keep watching it, but it needs at least another year, if it lives that long.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 4:23AM Dirame said

I'd love to play this game but the combat animations seriously scare me.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 5:55AM theinternetman said

Earthrise is honestly pretty awesome if you have about 3 things:
1.) A computer powerful enough / configured properly to run the game with acceptable performance
2.) A taste for sandbox/exploration gameplay which doesn't hold your hand and tell you to get the next shiny trinket.
3.) A heavy tolerance for "rough around the edges" animations, particle effects, and gameplay.

I would recommend the trial to anyone looking for something a bit different, especially those of you who like the idea of an open world true-MMO third person shooter (that said the hit detection and animations are a bit wonky).

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories