Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 3:08PM Biozombie said

The new raid gives Marks of Krypton, a new kind of mark for T3 armor.

The Hive hard mode alert is not in this update.

#corrections

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 3:21PM Yellowdancer said

This is where someone should joke where the whole game is a fortress of solitude....

The new PvP map is interesting.

Melee changes are very helpful.

The best part of this update is the journal! I can hide all those quests I can't finish cause there are not enough people playing....Sarcasm aside...its a nice feature.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 3:27PM (Unverified) said

Did the megaservers go live with this update?

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 3:45PM Yellowdancer said

@(Unverified)

Nope. PS3 needed UI updates for Megaservers which were in update 4. I expect they will make a big deal about megaservers and have a free weekend promotion.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:53PM real65rcncom said

They need to make something where you can just add the "S" or the "Z" on the chest.

There are some really good looking pieces of armor in the game that I won't wear simply because the big o'l "S" or the "Flash" lightning bolt doesn't fit my toon theme.

Sure they have other choices, but it would be nice to be able to affix whatever type of chest symbol you like instead of getting into a party with three "S" chested folks.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 5:11PM SFGamer69 said

Hmmmmm...

So the new Raid was beaten on day one by multiple groups...in less than 45 minutes...even 4 manned for the speed feat with ease.
the alert is EXACTLY like the bat-cave in the raid, just weakened for a 4 man.

Less content in this update, and what was put in comes off as very lazily done... wonder where the real effort went...*cough* Fight for Light *cough*... yeah.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 5:27PM Ryukan said

@SFGamer69

C'moooooooooon...you didn't expect "free" content from Sony to last longer than a day or two did ya? :P

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 6:22PM Yellowdancer said

@Ryukan

Here is the problem...PC players fly through the content. PS3 players struggle through it. This game is hurt by being on two systems.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 8:08PM Furdinand said

@SFGamer69 I wonder how much of that is raid groups that run every week and have 2 sets of tier 2 already. I remember the last 2 Batcave raids getting the same "too easy" rap only to find in my personal experience that it really _who_ was in the group, not the fights themselves, that determined how successful a raid was.

Anyway, don't WoW raids get beaten on the patch week and the heroic versions the week after? They aren't even aiming for the truly casual raiders in that game.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 9:56PM TheGreatMachine said

I miss dcuo. It's combat system has ruined me for other MMOs. That said there's just not enough game to play, and this offering isn't nearly enough to entice me to come back. It's basically 1 short raid that you can get rewards from once a week?

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 10:33PM Furdinand said

@TheGreatMachine I'm waiting for Megaservers to really try out U4, but you could wait until all three portions are out if you want something to occupy you for a while.
I can see this game getting a "Wait for the trade" following. A type of player that waits for enough issues to come up to occupy them for awhile and then getting a one or two month subscription. The raid gear tables are loose enough that, unlike a lot of mmos, you don't have to raid every week for a year to get that one epic you want to drop.
A nice thing if there was a following like that, SOE might pick up on it and start connecting the dots between more content and more revenue.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 10:41AM Godsafk said

It's strange. I never resubscribed since feb when I originally bought this game for ps3. And my subscription has been active ever since. No charges to account and the ps3 system dashboard lists the game but doesn't have a active timeframe for the game. Anyone else have this too? It was even before all the ps3 hacks came about and still active to this day.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 3:58PM Daemodand said

The fight for solitude appears to have been won. That's right Yellowdancer, I went there.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM