Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 6:41AM Lorell said

@Tyrang Western companies who will realise Tera, yes have "power" to change few things, teak game mechanic to be more "western-friendly", but I think they don't have "power" to design and develop a whole new content. I don't think Korean devs would allow to add content to the game which they won't have / aproved in theirs version as well. Yes, it said that Tera EU/NA and Tera KR will have differences - but two different content? Doubt it.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 8:11AM Bongo123 said

@Dril

"and its not like Western games have been ZOMG MSSIVE HIT over there"

Cough *starcraft

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:12PM bobfish said

It sounds like it was pushed out too early, and the sensible one in the company is the one that's had to leave.

Normally this isn't a big issue, but En Masse is owned by BHS, so they could end up making the same mistakes :(

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:14PM InkSix said

I hate to hear bad things about the only MMO I'm looking forward to. Guess I'm just going to give up MMOs or something. Maybe I'll play Blade and Soul whenever it sees the light of day in the US.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:29PM Kitanishi said

@InkSix

Don't expect too much from Blade&Soul too. Its far less good than hype makes it everyone to believe. Its basically more instanced aion with less questing and more flashy moves(and its not exactly free-targeting either)

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 1:00PM InkSix said

@Kitanishi

Oh, then I guess all hope is lost. Maybe PWE's RaderZ will be fun....

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 2:12PM Dirame said

@InkSix

Lol, what he says actually sounds bad to you? I guess the part that got you is "instancing" right? If I were you I'd play the game myself before listening to some guy on the internet who can't tell whether you like apples or oranges.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 5:32PM Zyrusticae said

@Kitanishi

That's so completely inaccurate I don't even know where to begin.

I guess I'll start by saying that the game plays *nothing* like Aion. The combat is all its own, playing more like a fighting game (but without the button/joystick movement combinations), with actual hit-detection that requires you to position yourself correctly if you're using slow or charge-up attacks. There is very minimal RNG, a huge difference from Aion that pretty much centered the game around its RNG aspects. There's also a lack of crippling CC effects that leave you completely unable to do anything at all (lol fear/sleep/tree). The game is built for 1v1 combat, not group vs group combat. Gear is *completely* divorced from appearance, with clothing items not having any stats on them at all.

I could go on, but I think that'll give lurkers a general idea. It's NCSoft's most precious baby atm, don't think it's going to step on the toes of Aion. It's not like that at all.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 7:51PM InkSix said

@Zyrusticae

Oh, that sounds wonderful. I'll definitely want to try that.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:16PM JadeCurtiss said

if you read what I read. "having already been written off prior to its launch with the news that it apparently combines a monthly fee of ¥2700 with item charges and the ¥7000 cost of the game itself" what they would have a similar price in Korea I would also resign cuz it would be stupid to charge that much and it would make players less interested how would ppls in US react it u had to pay $35 Monthly + Item Charges” and They already announced that the Elin would be censored off the US/EU Version already made ppls angry I would resign for that Eu/Us company as well cuz I would now that the game would be doomed to fail. Thats just what I think

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:31PM Faction 3 said

Yeah, this looks like its the "Great Idea, Great Presentation, Horrible Direction / Development Choices" scenario here...alot like DCUO.

Or the Ghost Rider movie....NICHOLAS CAGE?! C'MON!!

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 2:40PM Neiloch said

@Faction 3 I still play DCUO almost purely because the combat isn't boring. Well known that it's other features aren't exactly stellar. Just glad I don't have to fight with 3-4 banks of hotkeys on my screen for combat. Shortcomings are easy for me to look over if I'm not bored by the combat when most of the game centers around it.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:38PM Wurm said

• 1 heart
My hope for it going f2p still lives

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:42PM Borick said

Too much process and polish directed down the wrong rabbit holes. Not enough content and no groundbreaking mechanics. Bad code.

This industry needs an enema. This has happened before, studios getting too big and too sold on media integration rather than game design.

Burn it all down. Let the geeks and tinkerers have their working canvas back, and the games will become good again.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:44PM DevilSei said

Well, that is a bloody shame. Was wondering why I haven't heard jack squat about the game for a bit.

Good news is, more action-focused MMOs (FP2 and P2P) are being developed and released, so its not like its leaving a hole that can't at least be partially filled.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 1:30PM Seldra said

@DevilSei Ditto, I heard a lot of good stuff about it and people hyping it up, then nothing. I wasn't planning on playing it but I had hoped it would be decent, oh well.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 12:50PM Revolting said

Rather aptly, the beast in the screenshot appears to have "AAW?" tattooed on it's arm/leg.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 1:19PM Vorender said

@Revolting

LOL Nice eye!

Man this is depressing news. Apparently, making an innovative MMO is pretty damn hard to do well.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 1:55PM (Unverified) said

@Vorender

Ya think?

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 1:36PM (Unverified) said

This might be a good thing, the game development was moving to slow, and had obivous weaknesses that should have never been there. The game has potential, Korea and NA player like a very different style of game, it seems more suited for us.

Global Chat: Gamers Secret Santa