Posted: Aug 1st 2011 7:31PM mmogaddict said

I'm suprised they plan to launch in December, odds are SW:TOR is going to launch either November or December.

Despite whether SW:TOR is going to be any good or not, launching another new sci-fi based online game within 4 weeks of SW:TOR doesn't sound like the best of ideas.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 7:49PM Apakal said

@mmogaddict

They're both sci-fi, but that's about where the similarities stop. Market competition isn't really an issue since they aren't competing on retail shelves or for sub numbers.

Normal people who are interested will still take the time to check it out, since it doesn't really cost them anything.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 8:46PM Vorender said

@mmogaddict

Firefall and SWTOR are completely different games.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 11:03PM Sharuk said

@Vorender Yes different, but there will be a decent amount of overlap. I for example am interested in both, mainly SWTOR but would try FireFall and play it unless I am totally engrossed with SWTOR.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 7:36PM (Unverified) said

What "other side" in Firefall are you referring to Graill?
Ah yes, the imaginary one in your head, since Its not a faction based game. You obviously don't know much about the game, and I have to discredit everything else you said after bumbling a well known and important fact for your own argument.

GG.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 7:51PM (Unverified) said

Game looks AMAZING! Cant wait for it to come out.

And my vote goes for MMO since it is an open persistent world with no load screens. The only un MMO qualities it seem to have are that the combat is fun :)

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 10:38PM DevilSei said

@Graill440

Again, just treat him like the other few characters that popped up on here. Unless he makes an actual post on here, instead of the poorly typed mess typically seen in every posting on this site, and attempts to hold a coherent conversation, don't respond to him. Just vote him down, and if it fits, report the comment.

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 10:50PM Dol said

I would rather sub Firefall than SWTOR eventho its F2P. It will be more engaging to play than SWTOR. FPS / TPS with a look alike Akira Bike and a jet pack woohoo.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 4:45AM Snichy said

@DevilSei. Am I the only one who can see that he is doing it intentionally just to get some attention? No one is that stupid.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 7:01AM Fabius Bile said

@Ren54
bear in mind that small devs lack *seemingly* infinite resources.

Even top dogs get delayed (SWToR was delayed e.x.) so personally I wouldnt consider this december release set in stone...

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 11:11AM DevilSei said

@Snichy
I see it too, which is why I recommended to just vote him down, grey out the comment, and if it really fits, report it as well. After a bit he'll just disappear.