Posted: Jul 31st 2011 12:45PM LA1111 said

This instance rocks.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 12:52PM Alarie said

I love Refuge of the Aposate over these two new dungeons. More of a challenge and the loot is a lot better. Still they are fun to do. Refuge is a pain to get to.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 1:27PM Jef Reahard said

@Alarie

Yeah, Refuge is more challenging for sure. I'm glad to see Funcom adding new dungeons fairly regularly, though, hope they can keep it up.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 2:21PM Seffrid said

I much prefer the Forgotten City to the Breach, the landscape graphics and atmosphere are better and the combat is better spaced. Those factors alone don't matter, there's nothing wrong with the Breach being differently paced and styled, but its Arena needs significant tweaking for the Breach to be worth playing.

With regard to both instances, I was heartened to hear initially that two solo dungeons were being introduced as dungeons are normally inaccessible to solo players in MMOs, but I was subsequently disappointed to find that they're not actually dungeons at all in the normally accepted sense of the word, they're just instanced playfields. I think that was a missed opportunity.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 2:21PM Lateris said

The one thing that struck me was how vast this map looks. I did enjoy working my way up to the boss.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 10:49PM Poordevil said

I ran this instance first, then The Breach. I assumed The Breach would be as easy as Forgotten City. Ha! It took me a long time and many tries to finally beat that arena boss, then I got some forgettable loot for my trouble, lol. Forgotten City was a snap, by any measure. I would like to see Funcom expand on that place by making some of the visual grandeur actually accessible, and toughen up the game play some. Graphically Forgotten City is the best I have seen this Dreamworld engine look, it just keeps pumping out improved visuals.

Posted: Nov 1st 2011 10:28AM frangelicom said

Wow - love the Forgotten City and have always really liked the far eastern flavor of this section and all of AoC. The Breach was cool too but this still tops it. Thanks for the tips to help me make it through this section - much appreciated as always. http://hkprcg.org/gynexin-reviews