Posted: Jul 29th 2011 11:33AM DevilSei said

Eh, just once for Halloween. I thought it be an interesting diversion from the few costumes I did own, and going as myself or as my friend loved to put it, a "stripper on strike" complete with sign.
So, I dressed up as Vincent Valentine from FF7. His gauntlet was a bloody pain in the arse to make though. Looked around for some tutorials to make it, but they didn't help too much so we improvised a bit. Turned out good though, a friend even thought it was real metal.

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 11:39AM Utakata said

I wish I could cosplay my pigtail'd Gnome from WoW, but I am afraid I am way too tall. :(

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 11:47AM Yukon Sam said

I've done costumes for a couple contests/events: my Ultima Online character for a player meet-and-greet and my City of Heroes character for an online photo contest.

I've also done RenFaire, SCA, performed in over fifty stage productions and I had a brief paid stint as a costumer in Las Vegas, where one of my primary duties was to help dancers in and out of their costumes.

I've found a LOT more people who are friendly and interested when I go out in public in garb than anybody expressing negative views.

Conformity is for lemmings.

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 12:41PM eLdritchZ said

@Yukon Sam because the haters don't have the guts to do that... they prefer sitting at their computers and spread their hate on the internet instead ;)

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 11:48AM pid said

To answer the title question: Nooo.... and never would. That "person" in the pic is creepy like Hannibal Lector.

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 12:25PM shadowghost21 said

I cosplay Chris Redfield from RE5 every year. My fiance cosplays Jill from RE5. That's how we met so I would say it's been working out pretty well for us :)

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 4:58PM (Unverified) said

Blizzcon 2008, I attended as a Southsea Freebooter, complete with plastic sword, leather, eyepatch, a bad accent, and the intention of reclaiming Tanaris!

Then I got pounced by "journalists" wanting to interview me about Starcraft. Let me say that talking like a pirate while explaining SC is slightly jarring.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 8:43AM (Unverified) said

I've dressed up throughout my entire childhood until I reached 4th grade or so because of Halloween or some birthday party. Costumes included: Jango Fett, Darth Vader, Buzz Lightyear, Batman, Red Power ranger, and ALABAMA MAN (seriously.)

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 5:30PM JadeCurtiss said

Yeah nothing wrong to cosplay Jack Harvestmoon is a great game series.

Posted: Aug 4th 2011 11:31AM Majicebe said

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden back in like 1989.