Posted: Jul 31st 2011 10:49AM Dril said

@Khalus

"cause they're usually the ones that rush to the cap, never reading quests or exploring...all they want is to raid."

Please, just stop.

Your generalisations show just how ignorant you are.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 1:12AM Nepentheia said

*chuckles*

Perhaps the Crocnard (whose name elicits an image of a 12 foot long mutated crocodile) was created to compete with the Tartagon turtle mount for being 'The Most Obnoxiously Huge Mount to Get in the Way of Other Players While at Vendors, Bankers and Auctioneers'. ;-D

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 1:16AM Nepentheia said

And its the little things that count in this patch, too, like the cool-down for mana and health potions finally being separated. Yay!

BTW, these seem to be the latest patch notes as of today:

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 7:12AM Elikal said

It's is just more of the same. *shrug* Masses of mobs running at you while you run with a mass of people. I don't see anything interesting here.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 11:39AM (Unverified) said

read somewhere that solo instances are coming soon.
starting with hammerknell.
here i found the link.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 12:12PM willard said

So tired of the standard MMO Raid / Gear chase model and very disappointed that is what Rift has swiftly turned into. I liked hearing about solo instances and the other stuff but without any idea when it's actually going to happen I have to let my sub run out.

Just a bit too "Aion Visions Trailer" for me I'm afraid.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:36PM eyeball2452 said

I wonder if this epic quest line is actually going to be epic.

I built a website for the Defiant epic chain that lead to the GSB weapon. My motivation was to help others not go through the same frustration I did considering how poorly written the quests were. Trion basically put markers for every other quest in the game and then said go google these to find out what you're supposed to do.

It was probably the most awful content that I've ever seen. It basically reminded me of Jailbreak! (a grind quest to key for Onyxia back in the day), but with 50+ steps of grind. There was little to no story and the blocks of text weren't very interesting even if you bothered to read them.

Epic doesn't make something epic and hopefully Trion does better this time around.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 12:20AM (Unverified) said

@eyeball2452

So a 50+ step quest line is a grind?

I don't think people even know what the term means anymore and just call anything that they don't enjoy as grind.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 3:42PM Ratham said

• 1 heart
Endgame raiding is always the focus because PVE is easy and designed to let you win. When you beat that boss you feel special so you stay subbed.

You're in denial if you think otherwise.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 6:38PM LeChatNoir said

I feel bad for Trion and Rift at the moment, because they're trying - they really are but Rift for many people is nothing but a half-way house, a stop-off point until something bigger and shinier comes along.

In my case SWTOR, in other peoples' it's probably GW2 or that ridiculous looking Korean port.

Eitherway I can't help by liken Rift to Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons, it tries hard but in alot of ways it's still jamming pennies up it's nose and eating the Crayolas.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 8:39PM KDolo said

Wasnt this the second Transformers movie?

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 5:01AM Dread said

Too little too late, I've already left Rift...got bored with it int he end. Running groups every night and bugger all loot was dropping. I don't mind working for my gear....but 4 weeks and bupkiss dropped for my tank. Sorry, even WoW will deign to drop me something shiny every now and then to keep my interest going.....

Posted: Aug 1st 2011 5:27AM Budukahn said

@Dread

I sympathise. My situation is similar, trying to gear up a Tank in Tier 2 instances. Loot rarely drops, healers take ages to find, instances take far too long and plaque gear requires a ludicrous time investment due to the high prices for gear. Considering all I really want is to be able to go on raids, I'm bored, frustrated and for the first time in my MMO career wondering allowed why I'm wasting the precious hours of my life on a video game.

If I could persuade my woman to quit, Trion wouldn't get another sub out of me until they did something about Tier 2.

Posted: Aug 13th 2011 5:08AM Graill440 said

A bit late on this thread. Is Rift still a heal/buff fest, meaning the 30 plus buffs/stacks and endless healing still goes on in pvp there? Curious, havent bothered to check them out again, wondered what the crowd here says.