Posted: Jul 28th 2011 4:08PM Lewa said

That's absolutely beautiful. I didn't play Tabula Rasa that much, but to hear that people were that cool and waited in line like that. Its marvelous the communities that come out of MMO's sometimes.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 4:37PM Cyclone Jack said

During the beginning of TR closed beta, there was a quest that required a person click on an object, watch a few second animation, followed by the next player having to wait a few seconds before they could click the item. The players (without the direction of the developers) formed a very long line. I waited 90 minutes and when I finished the line was about twice as long as when I got in line. The Devs never caught it during F&F, because there wasn't enough people to cause an issue.

I was both impressed and proud of that group of people.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 4:41PM Alarie said

Yep I remember an event I think I waited 30 minutes to get white dye haha. Was a lot of fun people talking and showing off. Good times.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 4:53PM stealthrider said

Some Assembly Required, huh?

Quick! I must re-sub to champions/CoH/DCUO and make an Avengers clone supergroup for the sole purpose of taking a witty screenshot!

To the Batmobile!

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 5:41PM real65rcncom said

They did that in Warhammer too, but it wasnt fun waiting in line.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 6:20PM Alph said

That's... even... possible?

I can't tell you how many times in a game I've assumed my place in line only to have countless people come and 'skip' while mocking all of us standing in line that eventually it just falls apart.

I'm still in shocked that there actually was a MMO where people weren't 110% a-hats.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 7:42PM (Unverified) said

Ah yes, we were very good at standing in lines in TR (or even forming a circle and/or staying out of the ring for Friday Night Fights, etc).

Maybe that's something to be said about small server populations where everyone has a shared camaraderie. Or maybe the game just earned that much of our respect.

Whatever it was, I sure do miss it.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 11:45PM theinternetman said

I remember one trivia night on Fallen Earth we all had a blast and formed a line for free booze from one of the GMs. Forming coordinated dance lines, donating and winning some really unique loot, having a pile of cars and motorcycles sitting next to the bunker bar... It's really rather magical when you get a group of mature, fun-loving players who all get together to just enjoy the game world. Today we have far too many players worried about being the greatest player or kicking everyone else's ass, and not enough people who just want to explore the world and experience the great work the developers have put into the game.

Here's to the casual guilds/clans, the event organizers, the role-players, the small dungeon runners, the group questers, the people who help random strangers with quests, and all the other people who make playing MMORPGs a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 11:54PM tooright said

And here's to Tab Rasa nostalgia where you have get all freakin teary eyed about waiting in line.

Pat yourself on the back while I rig the fireworks

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 1:05AM ZoneOuT said

Noooooo! TR how I miss you! So many good memories the community and GMs were awesome.

Make My MMO: November 16 - 22, 2014