Posted: Jul 27th 2011 7:23PM (Unverified) said

Suh-weet! :) I'm a sucker for good crafting.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 7:44PM Halldorr said

Lurking pretty hardcore over on their site and am really liking the developer live chats and things. Game looks pretty decent already as well!

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 7:59PM Taawa said

@JohnLane Prime is being made for a pvp and rvr oriented niche market by a small studio. Whereas SWTOR is being built and marketed for general audiences more interested in pve, but with some nice pvp features on the side.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 8:01PM Unforgiven said

I am stoked for this game. Sure SWTOR has the huge budget, but GL getting anything back from them as far as direct answers from the community. Pitch Black has been so upfront so far it is amazing. I just started following them 2 weeks ago and have been shocked at how much they have been releasing. Game looks great and game mechanics are a breath of fresh air. Thanks for making a game that is something WAY different than most of these mainstream MMOs.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 9:51PM real65rcncom said

@Unforgiven
Well, that's usually how it is.

The bigger your company, you don't have to answer every Tom, Dick and Harry's questions about this, that and the other. You pretty much make your game and release it when you want.

Smaller companies like Pitch Black have to work harder, twice as hard because they have no reputation and no one knows if they'll be around in three years. A big part of that is making sure people identify with you rather than your company, so people 'like' the small 'guy' even though it's still a company. This is why they always put some likeable person out front to do all the talking, where with bigger games they let the product speak for itself without a pitchman usually.

That's not really a surprise is it?

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 8:20PM LA1111 said

I have to admit, this game is intriguing.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 9:20PM Sharuk said

The more I hear about this game, the more I like it. They are doing a lot of things that are different, which should be commended.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 9:53PM real65rcncom said

Mercenary sounds very interesting.

I'd hire some to kill goldfarmers.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 10:03PM Issmir said

So far, it's looking pretty damned cool. Kudos to pitchblack.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 5:46AM Gaugamela said

If they manage to have a release as smooth as Trion they may have a shot at building a sizable population from the start.
This is a game that every DAoC fan should be following.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 9:32AM Avernus said

@ Gaugamela
exactly. agree ^

also, I love a 3 faction RvR game. maybe more than FFA which despite great intentions on devs and possibly even a majority of players that actually want to RP as something other than a developmentally delayed sociopath, tend to devolve into merely FreeForAss PvP.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 10:56AM ApathyCurve said

@Avernus

"a majority of players that actually want to RP as something other than a developmentally delayed sociopath..."

Precisely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I have nothing against PvP. I enjoy it much more than playing a game versus even the smartest AI. The problems start when the system is implemented in such a way as to allow the less desirable elements of society to act out their repressed criminal tendencies and juvenile inferiority complexes with no fear of real consequences. That's when I leave.