Posted: Jul 27th 2011 11:27AM Tinkus said

That's cute!

... For a standard Korean grinder, that is.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 12:24PM tepster said

@Tinkus It's cute for any MMO. Much better than gnomes, in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 12:58PM WyattEarp89 said

@tepster This^ Much better than gnomes. And yes the mice are cute.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 5:54PM Faction 3 said

@Tinkus

There's as much grind in this game as there is Grass in a Chicago Street.

The level cap is 50, I hit level 37 in 3 days.

Perhaps trying or researching the game before making blanket statements? But Ive only played the game...what do I know, right?

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 6:33PM Tinkus said

@Faction 3 But blanket statements can cover EVERYTHING! Like this: Everyone who posts on game forums take themselves far too seriously.

Also, I've never been to Chicago. For all I know the streets could be unpaved and swarming with chiggers. ಠ_ಠ

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 1:09PM Muskie said

Wow. And Earth Eternal just launched yesterday with a redesign of their own rodent race..

y'know what, I think I'm gonna play Eden, now.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:54PM (Unverified) said

@Muskie Oh, Earth Eternal is back? I had no idea. But given how they dropped off the face of the earth without a warning or word to their playerbase, I'm not really interested in trying it out again, unfortunately.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:04PM Daemodand said

I'll say this for Eden Eternal: the graphics and menus are the smoothest, slickest I've ever seen. Western MMOs would do well to study this aesthetic, as it is superb.

I found no motivation to log in more than once or twice due to the annoying Captcha-while-you-play anti-bot method, and total lack of any real story. There's a bit of a by-the-numbers-you-and-millions-of-others-are-the-chosen-one story, but it's barely there, insipid, and highly forgettable. There's no "real" story here.

But those slick aesthetics, yeah, those need to be studied by all game designers.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:26PM hami83 said

@Daemodand I don't mind the stories in each hub. They all nicely lead to the zones dungeon. There's no overall story, at least not what I can find anyways.

As for the anti-bot thing, it is annoying yes, but at least they give you a nice effect when you enter it.
Whenever I enter it I get a 10% increase in the CP I earn and have mana restored.

Seems like there's a lot of bots in the game, which show how popular the game is at least.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit to be honest. I don't find it much of a grind at all, since there's lots of quests. I'm sure it'll become a huge grind leveling all the classes though. I'm only leveling two right now.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:41PM dudes said

"Look out for that cat!"

BANG!

"What cat? I'm a mouse with a big gun."