Posted: Jul 27th 2011 7:55PM chum said

New update is great. The world is really opening up and I'm wanting that chocobo more than ever. I don't think the changes were too much- people asked for big changes and got them. Some tuning needs to happen but overall it's a big step forward.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 8:24PM Raikulxox said

This patch (besides some messed up agro formulas on some mobs) is pure win.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 2:05AM (Unverified) said

I came back right after 1.18 came out and have been enjoying the changes a lot. No, its not perfect, but its a step in the right direction.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 3:28AM ChongShin said

I would really like to try this game some day, so I keep hoping that they pull it out of its slump. Guess we'll see, but I wonder how long it'll stay alive if they don't get a flood of people after the game's official re-release.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 8:36AM Wensbane said

@ChongShin

Well, I know for a fact that a lot of people - myself included - are simply waiting for that fabled "re-release" to finally give this game a try.

There's a reason why I try to stay far away from MMOs during their first year of existence: lack of content and/or polish.
FF XIV was no exception to this theory, of course. Nor did I ever expect it to be.

Although, truth be told, if 1.19 turns out to be as great as 1.18, I may not be able to resist for much longer...

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 3:23PM ChongShin said

@Wensbane Yeah, waiting is always a really good idea with these games. I've certainly had enough of getting burned on them. xD

I know a guy who pre-ordered XIV and from what I heard it was a real mess. Didn't even have an auction house, but had the old school F2P personal shop thing instead.

It sure looks beautiful though. I'd like to give it a shot once they get their stuff together.

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 2:01PM Cendres said

@Wensbane No exception? Actually it launched stable but with no content, and no finished systems, it's not an exception it's a prime example. XD

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 8:03AM fauxcivility said

I'm really enjoying the new patch :D

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 9:03AM Duckman435 said

Not sure if anyone is aware that this game is on sale at GameStop (In Store Only) for only $15. Also, there is currently no subscription fee (NEED VERIFICATION IF THIS IS STILL GOING ON), which its currently making me decide to pick this game back up again. Now let the indecisiveness begin :D

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 9:59AM InkSix said

@Duckman435

There is still currently no sub. I started playing in Dec and came back for the latest patch, still no charging.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 12:53PM Jpolitic said

Started playing again after 1.18. Once you get used to the auto attack change, which was a bit awkward at first, the combat is a lot more fluid. If you can score this for $15 from gamestop it's worth it since there is no subscription fee.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 2:58PM Lenn said

Disclaimer: this is not a trolling attempt.

With that out of the way, here's my question: what is the point of this game? Like many others, I got suckered into buying it, and I've been trying to play it on and off for the past few months, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the hell the point of the game is! It's very pretty; gorgeous vistas, good-looking characters, fun animations, but... what's the point?

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 3:07PM Khalus said

@Lenn "It's very pretty; gorgeous vistas, good-looking characters, fun animations, but... what's the point?"

Unfortunately, there is no solid point to any of it. There is still a very severe case of missing content, and to top it all off the most recent changes suggest, well more so enforce partying with others, but there is are still no easy way to find other players or search for them to do so, outside shouting in Ul'dah for hrs on end.

Its really disappointing that SE is still failing exponentially at providing us and possible new players with the most basic of systems across the board...le sigh

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 3:20PM Lenn said

@Khalus You know, after playing FFXIV for a few hours I am pining for a random NPC, anyone, anywhere, to just give me a "go kill 10 rats" quest. Not another one of those "go do something near this camp for which you have to run the same route through cleverly disguised corridors as the quest you did before this one" leve quests.

And the game starts so good. Great cutscenes, and there's a story, apparently.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 9:17PM SquallRinoa89 said

Launch was a mess but atm theres Dungeons and NM's that make this game fun. Good changes 1.18 was the correct way to go which should have been done before release.

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 10:27AM chefzoltan said

I enjoyed this game until i got level 10 and been told that i could not continue with this equipment, beyond that i never been able to find those gear cause there are no marchand npc and find exactly what you want is to hard...
I don't want to spend 2 hours gearing my character!

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 2:07PM Cendres said

@chefzoltan Click on your gear in your inventory and click on seeking repairs, offer some gil and put your character in AFK in the busiest area in Uldah. Won't take long.. :P

Posted: Jul 29th 2011 6:31PM Suplyndmnd said

@chefzoltan

I'm not sure but you may be too young for the game. If you gave up after 10 levels. Yes, the gear you have is not as good at level 10 but you need to do the story missions. You can get money VERY quickly with the main story missions as well as farming. You're not going to be rich quickly. Final Fantasy is not like that. You have to actually work towards goals and accomplishments in this game. Again, not that i'm trying to be insulting but you may be more of a WoW player or Rift player where items and money are easier to come by and there is more of a hand holding to it then Final Fantasy provides.

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 8:37PM chefzoltan said

@Suplyndmnd

in fact, i'm 24 and i own every Final Fantasy, so I think i'm fine with those game.

I tried World of Warcraft and disliked it.
What i meant to say was not that i couldnt afford gears but i cant find them.

It's been a while since i played though i should give another go soon

Posted: Jul 31st 2011 8:39PM chefzoltan said

@Suplyndmnd

Maybe i just dont know where to look!