Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:05PM tepster said

When I read 'lower subscription price', I wasn't expecting $14/month, more like $10 or less. Hell, what was it before? $20/mo?

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:15PM nomoredroids said

@tepster

This was my first thought, too.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:20PM DarkWalker said

• 1 heart
@tepster
It's $10 per month on both the 3 months and 5 months deal. Seems close enough for me.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:06PM DeadlyAccurate said

I also got an email the other day that they offer a 14-day trial now. I'll probably download the game and try it out once I'm done playing Age of Conan.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:06PM tk421242 said

There was mention on the FB announcement that they were having a free trial soon too, if I recall there was a link to it as well.

Even with the price drop I would not spend my money on it after my experience with the game in the beta, but I will at least check out a trial.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:13PM Nolf said

Whoa, 17,5$ monthly(for eu players). That is LOWERED price?

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 4:04AM Fabius Bile said

@Nolf

considering that all publishers go for ye gud olde 1:1 exchange rate with euros to dollars, and that its 10 euros ($14.254) for the 3 month price where in other games its 15 euros ($21.381)....then yes, its lowered price...somewhat....

still dont know if its worth it...but its lowered for sure....

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:15PM Mad Dog said

lol make it 5euro and i may think about it. Buggy mess of a game.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:23PM BubleFett said

This game has so much potential. The art direction is amazing.
The walk animation needs work. There are some annoying bugs
that have not been taking care of.
The last patch fixed some issues but still needs more work.
This game should really go F2P with a in game store to attract more
players.

Masthead is working with Interplay to develop the Fallout mmo using
Masthead's game engine. I wonder if that is why the fixes in the game are slow in release.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 11:40AM elliotrock said

@BubleFett

took the words out of my mouth/!

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:24PM Azev said

It is in much better shape than it was in Beta. Is it perfect No but they have added Territorial warfare and you can construct and take over bases. Vehicles are coming in soon also. Which in this game will make a massive difference since the world is massive.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:37PM Fakeassname said

I'll check out the trial, but no matter how much I want to indirectly support FOOL by supporting masthead, I have issues with leasing video games.

the main thing I get from this release is that more than anything what they have really done is stopped selling the client.

at least that's how I read the "box price" being identical to a months worth of game time: no more box sales, you just start subbing and your in the game.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:44PM dudes said

Free to play soon I predict.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:59PM SnarlingWolf said

I've never been a fan with the only price discount you get is with a multimonth subscription. Too many MMOs highly disappoint so you won't play those extra months, making it no discount at all.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:06PM EndDream said

I wouldn't play this game if it were F2P with no cash shop and I prefer sandbox gameplay.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:07PM ElfLove said

Hmm...I'm curious about this game. Is it any good? Any massively folks playing it right now?

What's it like?

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:21PM Fakeassname said

@ElfLove

it's like a game that got a bad rep from a rocky launch ...

your honestly better off asking this kind of question over at the Masthead forums because your more likely to talk to actual players. anywhere else and your probably only going to get a troll response about how "it's total shit" from someone who has never played it or at best only played it on release day.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:32PM Apakal said

@Ren54

The industry won't kill itself like that. And Earthrise isn't exactly in a position to sway the bigger studios to drop their sub prices in response.

$15 is the norm, and it will most likely stay that way. If anything, I think SWTOR is going to come on board and possibly raise the standard sub price and people will willingly pay to get fisted by them, thus setting a new precedent and screwing it up for the rest of us.

Thank dog for Guild Wars.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:45PM (Unverified) said

I've tried the 14 day trial and i can advise anyone who might be interesting in this game to download and play the trial before purchasing.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 4:57PM (Unverified) said

Played the 14 day trial and was disappointed with the latency issues and poor performance from their servers. There were gaps between 30 seconds and 5 minutes in which you couldn't see or interact with quest hot spots or mobs. Removed from my system after 2 days. Better luck next time Masthead.