Posted: Jul 27th 2011 1:18PM (Unverified) said

I have always wondered why people would get excited for exp bonus weekends; especially for EQ2 which is so easy to level a character up. Guess they want EQ2 players to have the experience of playing RIFT while in Norrath. So now you can max a character in a weekend, instead of over a week...power levellers rejoice! /face palm

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 1:35PM epilepticemu said

How long does it take to level a character in EQ2?

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:25PM (Unverified) said

@epilepticemu Level wise, to get to 90 isn't difficult, be it combat or crafting.

It's getting the Alternate Advancement points. Maxing out at 300, is quite the feat.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:40PM (Unverified) said

@epilepticemu

Getting to 90 can be done in a week or less, expect max level beast lords in 2 days. As mentioned above, AA's are tougher, but they still come pretty quickly. Gear is not an issue either, as crafted, and vendor legendary will get you to 90, at which point you can raid for Fabled if that's your thing.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 5:08PM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

This is skewed pretty heavily towards power-gamers who are experienced with EQII.. They know the optimal zones, they know many of the classes, they already have max-level characters (hence another XP bonus), RaF bonuses, etc.

People who don't play six hours per night won't be hitting max level in a week, nor will people who do other things in game besides grind, parse, and min/max.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 9:26AM (Unverified) said

@Jef Reahard

Oh I agree, absolutely. A new player who is not worried about catching friends, and just wants to "learn" the game will take longer, but realisticly, that player will still level very quickly due to the huge amount of cheap yet fairly powerful items they can buy, and the fact that they will most likely be grouping with veterans who will quickly show them the tricks.

That being said, if they want a max level character, they can have one extremely fast.

I wish people would slow down, but not everyone enjoys harvesting for 10 hours straight like I do. :)

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:13PM MMOaddict said

I have a max level character, if not a few, in WoW, RIft, Lotro, AoC, WAR. I have yet to get to max level in EQ2 or VG. Now,it's not hard to get levels it just gets boring and tedious in EQ2 and VG due to how the questing is implemented. In other words, the questing sucks and every 10 levels is exactly the same as the 10 before it.

Granted, part of my issue in EQ2 is combat is dull and doesn't flow very well so I can't even have a fun night grinding mobs. But that's a personal issue.

If I had my way, I'd have triple XP all the time in EQ2 just to catch up to everyone else. Save all the other content I miss on the way for mentoring down and applying to AA xp.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 5:52PM Gamewench said

@MMOaddict a lot of the quick levels come in dungeon grind groups. They are very popular during double xp events.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 2:42PM Saker said

It's already so super-EZ-mode, the idea of double xp.... Oy! Been waaaaay over WoW-ified already. Please any-and-all-gods let EQNext -NOT- be super-EZ-WoW-ified!

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:34PM epilepticemu said

@Saker For serious. If I don't have to log 10 days /played before I get to have fun, it's totally not even worth it.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:40PM Yellowdancer said

I didn't know EQ2 had a Japanese realm. How do you get there?

Most people in EQ2 seems to enjoy the game around the leveling game. Guilds, houses, guild houses, crafting, collections. I LOVE the cosmetics and races. The raid system is competent to nice. EQ2 has a great Vivox system. Assuming the ranger hits the button at the right time and doesn't try to DPS...silly rangers.

When create a dungeon comes around...it will be epic.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 8:23AM Jenks said

Does anyone play on the F2P server? How is it compared to the normal game? I've been thinking about wasting some time there, would like to hear some first hand experiences.

Posted: Jul 28th 2011 11:13AM cored said

I'll never get why games do this.

At best, they are briefly fixing a progression issue.

More likely, they are borking whatever time they spent on pacing the leveling experience.