Posted: Jul 26th 2011 11:56AM Zerogrifter said

I think you nailed it with the title picture.
* Chrono Trigger as an action oriented mmo with skill combos and time traveling.
* Castlevania SOTN as a 2D massive world with explorable areas that constantly change and newly rendered each week sort of like how diablo 2 was made.
* Armored Core on a smaller scale (exo-suits instead of massive ravens) large explorable world and fast paced combat (but not as fast as the most recent games have been where the mechs turn speed can't keep up with the enemies strafing or boost dashes.)

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:03PM Arulon said

As many has already mentioned, a Pokemon MMO would be fun. And I second Suikoden MMO. Best RPG-series I've ever played (at least 1,2,3,5), and I think it would make a good MMO with it's storyline, size of world, features etc.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:10PM Vegetta said

I agree with FF Tactics and WHY isn't there an AAA Pokemon mmo?

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:24PM Seldra said

I would've preferred if Square went with a Final Fantasy 7 mmo than their boring high fantasy ones. There's way more than enough high fantasy out there, it would've been much more interesting to be a semi sci fi mmo.

Maybe Front Missions or Xenogears/Xenosaga mmo too. :D

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:41PM Ryukan said

Shadowrun...

It's not a console classic by any means, but definitely is a console game and a franchise that has never really been handled properly and is prefect for an MMO.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:48PM Yog said

I've always thought Pokemon would lend itself well to being an MMO...just as long as they get rid of all of the cutsie stuff. Mature it up a bit, get rid of the vomit inducing cute pokemon, make the battles more complex and less one dimensional, and make sure the main character isn't a 9 year old.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:58PM LeChatNoir said

Pong Online: Revenge of the Double Bounce

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:17PM Dezyne said

Mega Man

It would be the hardest MMO ever made.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:28PM (Unverified) said

Whether it's online or not, Square needs to give Final Fantasy a rest. They have so many other highly-loved games (ehm, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross) that could be rebooted to amazing success, yet they keep on milking the damn Final Fantasy name for all it's worth.

ProTip: The Name doesn't always guarantee success (I'm looking at you, FFXIV).

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:34PM Valentina said

Chrono MMO.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:50PM SkuzBukit said

My favourites would be;

Dune (3 factions would fit the lore neatly, plus the sub-factions of different schools of witches etc plus a new movie on the franchise is in the pipeline)

Panzer Dragoon (based off the RPG more than the shooters)

Front Mission (I played front mission III on the ps1 & loved it's mix of strategy & story plus the progressive nature it had of building up your mech squad, and surely someone can do a strategy type MMO thats better than Atlantica?)

Wild-West theme.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:51PM SkuzBukit said

@SkuzBukit

And not to forget Abe's Oddysee (Oddworld MMO).

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 3:25PM jeremy2020 said

I think .Hack could be turned into an incredible MMO...but it would more than likely be a grindy POS

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 4:29PM (Unverified) said

Legend of Legaia

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 5:22PM Eric Francis said

Im surprised nobody mentioned Ogre Battle yet. Some sort of territory holding MMO where you are not a single character, but a party of 5 with a leader. With lots of neutral characters to recruit, lots of tarot cards, etc etc

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 5:59PM Nyghtsaber said

Oh that pic! Sooo much nostalgia.

And I guess my pick for the topic would be...

King's Quest perhap?

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 6:10PM (Unverified) said

I think Xenogears had a large enough universe to transfer over to the MMO landscape. We all know the one thing this old and stale genre needs is giant robots.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 8:14PM n3verendR said

@(Unverified) Signed and Signed

There were a large FFVI style of character types, a balanced stat system and freakin' mechs.

I would absolutely love to explore the Xenogears (not Xenosaga) world some more. However, dreams will remain dreams I have the feeling

Honorable mention to CT.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 10:03PM kdognumba1 said

Front Mission
Armored Core
Dynasty Warriors

If we're talking any game series though....

POKEMON!!!

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 11:58PM Dol said

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 would be a cool MMO. 5 factions with diff type of ninja skills. So many mission and mini boss to kill.