Posted: Jul 26th 2011 1:38PM Tezcatli said

All of the people I know who play LoL have bought and continue to buy skins. I recently bought a champion with riot points out of impatience. But I will NEVER do that again. I understand nerfing champions, it happens, but deciding to change one ability to AP, when the champion is primarily damage, is just ridiculous. He wasn't even a strong champion, I could understand nerfing Vlad, but yorick needs a string of nerfs? :o

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 11:13AM Addfwyn said

@Tezcatli Yorick was ridiculously overpowered after they buffed him, so yeah he needed the nerfs. He went from the worst champion in the game, to overpowered, to maybe slightly overpowered (but closer to balanced) now.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 2:00PM Ordegar said

Yeah. I'm a "registered player", and I played a total of about 3 hours and decided the game is not for me. I'm still part of the count though, so in my opinion that number doesn't mean squat.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 2:21PM Averice said

@Ordegar Did you not read? It gives concurrent and daily numbers. That's pretty impressive of a company to do. So they're proud of 15 mil registered users, it's obvious to everyone that that's accounts registered, that's why they added the other numbers in, and those are much more impressive.

Anyway, I have 2 LotA accounts (cause I forgot the pswd to the first), and I've played maybe a total of 3-4 games. I could never get into the needing to spend gold on junk in the middle of a match, though it looks a bit easier to navigate these days. I also don't like how long the matches last. All the matches I've been in are extremely one sided as well, so that never helps, it feels like the game is lost 15 minutes in, and you're expected to keep trying for another 45 to me.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 2:29PM Braiks said

@Ordegar How about the following number then:
1.4 million
500,000

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 3:24PM nospoon said

@Braiks
It's impressive to have 10 games starting ever second.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 3:50PM Ordegar said

@Averice

Yes, I read. The big headline, however, is what I was commenting on.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 3:08PM Daemodand said

I hear it's got one of the worst communities in all of gamedom. Par for the course for PvP centric games, if true.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 6:13PM wfseg said

@Daemodand
hear·say
   [heer-sey] Show IPA
–noun
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.
an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 8:19AM (Unverified) said

@wfseg

He's actually right. The game is solid. But the community is absolute garbage. Worse than Darkfalls.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 5:00PM slash beast said

I came into this gaming with a plan not to buy anything.

Boy was I wrong.

4 months later and I've forked over 60$ for the game. It's loads of fun.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 10:01PM (Unverified) said

love LoL. its community is like WoW's...some cool people, some nerd ragers, a good mix. like any other big game.

game is hella fun and i think D3's multiplayer will be vastly inferior, which means i probably wont be buying it.

i spent about $30 on skins so far, no regrets. people should keep supporting the game. it gets frequent updates and balance patches. devs care about the players.

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 9:45AM Wispur said

About a week ago I started playing this game again (after having quit after closed beta, deciding the gameplay wasn't my style) and I gotta say. They've improved the game for new players a ton. If you're new to this type of game, I highly highly recommend getting your feet wet against the AI first.

I haven't bothered with the competitive play yet because I'm too much of a noob. But even as a noob, I'm having some fun. :)

(Heroes of Newerth, the "competition" scares me. It's a bit too hardcore for me.)

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 11:14AM Addfwyn said

I've spent...well, I'm not exactly sure, but WAY too much money on this game, I am pretty sure. In excess of $100 for sure

Posted: Jul 27th 2011 1:23PM NeverDeath said

Haha. I'm registered to LoL, but its title does it too much justice, so I never play it. "Registered users" can definitely be a misguided thing to tout, it by no means reflects anything important or telling other than that, at one point or another, 15 million people (or 1 person 15 million times) made an account for the game.