Posted: Jul 25th 2011 10:09AM ndessell said

>< and the link is where

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 10:17AM Lenn said

@ndessell Right after the word "source".

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 10:42AM Apakal said

@Lenn

The Wikipedia generation strikes again.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 12:08PM DeepSleeper said

My god, he actually thinks that Lego Universe is still in any way entertaining, relevant, or "high-quality". He thinks that the biggest problem is that the Lego Group will try to be TOO high-quality. I... I'm genuinely completely awestruck by this. A game you can finish in a week, maybe two, and his biggest point of pride seems to be that they set nice small simple goals for themselves.

Some days I just can't believe that these are the people we trust to make MMOs.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 12:40PM Saker said

@DeepSleeper Trust... Hahahahaah! That made me laugh. Seriously. Lego is a cute game, and yes I agree absolutely, it's -very- small, and you can finish it so very quickly. I was in the beta and realized that wow, this is super cute and all, but wow this is so very small and it really doesn't look like they're doing much of anything about how very small it is. Unless they really somehow change their philosophy and start putting out -alot- more content somehow I can't see it really surviving even as free-to-play, they just isn't enough to do. Even if you're hard-core into the building (and I just don't think there are enough people into that).

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 1:20PM Lenn said

@DeepSleeper You're complaining a kids' game isn't hardcore enough?

The only mistake they made was making the game subscription based. Gamers of the non-child kind will want their money's worth and rush through the content in no time.

Posted: Jul 26th 2011 12:29AM Space Cobra said

@Lenn

Truth!

I'd like to go back every once-in-awhile, but not for 30 days; I can see myself maybe playing a week or two intermittently and maybe returning in another 6 months or year or more. Really if it's f2p, I'd probably pop in more and maybe even spend.

And yes, for a game about collecting, the lack of backpack space (and no bank-space I know of) really killed it for me. There are quests that give more space, but it gets harder and harder to receive and complete them.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 2:40PM Daemodand said

Minecraft ate their lunch. YABIPMMOF

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 5:57PM WeirdJedi said

Lego Universe was definitely a cute game, but the game was very short. Another issue was that for an MMO, there sure wasn't a lot of group action. There was no bank storage, no way to save cosmetics outside bag space, not being able to type numbers or misspell was a hassle with trading & communicating with other players, no auction house, and no way to group with other people. Only after launch did they start throwing bones to players. By then everyone finished the game.

I think if they focused on making the game single-player and created a "hero-theme" like any of the other lego games, it could have been legendary. I don't think they had the power to build enough content for an MMO subscription model.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 9:51PM (Unverified) said

@WeirdJedi

Ah... storage!!!

The lack of storage space was ridiculous and they wouldn't listen to the players about that issue.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 8:33PM (Unverified) said

My 11 year old son was bored with Lego Universe after a week.