Posted: Jul 24th 2011 1:01PM Addfwyn said

Nothing really grosses me out about in game content in MMOs, games don't usually gross me out very effectively, not much does at all.

As far as some of the periphery stuff in the game, just people with really really bad names always bothered me. It kinda takes you out of the experience. Also some of the super deformed or bizarre characters people made in Aion, while I love the versatility of the Aion character gen...people took it too far. I like some commitment to the mood and setting of a given game.

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 1:19PM (Unverified) said

Gnomes... *shiver*

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 1:56PM Wispur said

All of Wow's poop quests.
I don't like poop.

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 2:13PM Saker said

Can't think off hand of anything really gross, annoying is easy though. I agree with the other posters about stupid guild names, and add (can't believe no one else mentioned) bad character names. It never ceases to amaze that the avatar of a person, the thing a person puts their time into in these games and people so -very- often name their characters very badly/stupidly. I mean come on, people will spend a lot of time on the character appearance in those games with decent advanced options if available, and not apparently put any effort into the characters name?! most MMO's are fantasy-based, and there are a bazillion name generators freely available (plus the 1 in most of the games themselves) on the web, and still either can't be bothered, or intentionally create something stupid (or intentionally sordid/controversial).

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 2:55PM Flicktion said

Not a lot that grosses me out mmo-wise. There certainly are things that make me "sick" however. Such as that one person who gets upset and rages on everyone every single time they die, and only when they die do they ever have an opinion. Another thing that bothers me to no end is circle strafing, anyone that gets joy from that is sick in the head. Finally all the running while in combat, but apparently it's an aceptable tactic now. Hell they even termed it to make it sound like it takes skill, I believe the correct way to say it now is called kiting.

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 3:51PM Ryukan said

Catgirl races and cutesy ass midget races. I'm looking at you FFXIV...

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 7:02PM Hurbster said

Apart from people getting confused about 'annoying' and 'gross' I'd have to say it's those infected bears again - now that was gross.

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 8:29PM nomoredroids said

@Hurbster

I'd say it has been a gross misunderstanding of the word.

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 9:43PM C Rose said

Anime dipictions of underage girls in revealing attire. It's gross and a bit silly too. I mean they wield huge 2h swords and get attacked by beasts in those outfits?!?

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 9:55AM (Unverified) said

The WoW: Cataclysm quest where you have to pick the spider eggsacs off the still-living infested bears.

I get shivers just thinking about it.

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 1:44PM Djinn said

I agree with the bears in WoW.

Also many of the monsters in DDO: oozes, beholders...

Posted: Jul 25th 2011 6:42PM Majicebe said

In WoW, there's the scene in the Scarlet Monastery (or whatever it's cold, it's been like 5 years...) where you come up to a mini-boss and he says something about "tearing the secrets from your flesh" -- something about that always gave me the willies.