Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 1:34PM j1083 said

Sweet! I'm actually getting really excited to give Freedom a whirl.

I hope streamlining and accelerating the early game experience is part of the package, though. Starting out in City of heroes seems to move at a glacial pace, IMO, from running to missions on the other end of the map to waiting for your piddly two attacks to finally cooldown, it seemed pretty slow/clunky last time I gave it a shot.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 2:00PM (Unverified) said

I think Paragon Studios is one of the better managed and creative studios in the MMO landscape. CoH seems to keep trucking along. And with Bill Roper helming the Marvel MMO, I don't see any other superhero MMOs that will dethrone CoH.

They do need to update their character models though. Character customization is their bread and butter so they should make sure it is a top priority.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 2:12PM Yellowdancer said

Cause NCSoft recognizes money when they see it and stay out of the way of their employees.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 2:21PM DevilSei said

I'm liking the sound of "Street Justice".

Here's hoping one of those possible finishers is a real "Roadhouse!"

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 2:50PM Ehra said

Sweet, ANOTHER smashing/lethal melee powerset :p

Looks good regardless, though. I'm really interested in the Beam Gun set, I remember awhile back seeing some awesome ingame laser guns that I think were only available to robotics masterminds that took attack powers.

Still looking forward to some solid info on Time Manipulation.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:36PM Utakata said

Hmmm....if they're redesigning the character creator for Freedom as that link indicates, what will happen to all my old characters? I've put alot of work into them. I would hate to log on and have them all be wearing black spandex and a meany face you see on the default selection. :(

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:50PM Shazzie said

@Utakata
Your old characters *should* be fine. I THINK it's mostly a redesign of the functionality of the character creator, and not so much shuffling around options. However, even if they did shuffle stuff around, this very very rarely affects characters upon log-in. I know some people that kept a costume for years after it stopped being available! (I'm one of them!) The only time your costume might get goofed up is when you go to the Tailor. If the game is confused about your costume's code numbers, you'll have to manually reset them to make any further changes.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:51PM Daemodand said

@Utakata I can assure you that won't happen! Your characters will be the same as ever, they won't get messed up!

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:14PM Utakata said

@Shazzie & Daemodand

Thanks for addressing that. I suspect as much...since I had a couple of characters with tails pre belt & tail seperations, that had no ill effects over this change.

But I can't take that for granted...especially if there are radical re-designs in the CC mechanics and Paragon Studios hasn't said anything official about how it will effect older characters. Thus the questioning the obvious over something that may not be in the end so obvious. But in the end, I suspect you guys will be right. :)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:52PM Daemodand said

Street Justice just might be my new #1 powerset, so long as the combos are fun and not annoying (like Dual Blades).

Swordsman launches today