Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 9:09AM Wic said

The past 6 months to a year this game has been developed so brilliantly the dev team should be proud. My only issue with the game is a wish for some cool pvp zones the one's that are there need a redesign in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 9:13AM Wic said

I would also like to add this is the best super hero game still on the market.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 9:42AM Yellowdancer said

@Wic

I prefer playing DCUO because of the action combat and the IP but I do agree COX is #1.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 9:56AM Unshra said

The Tier system looks promising, though I hope the elaborate more on how Tiers are unlocked. I would also like to know if a player subscribes for say twelve months if they will get the points all at once or will they have to wait despite already subscribing for those months (I have seen both systems used in MMOs so I would like to know which one NCSOFT intends to use for City of Heroes.)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 11:27AM Sente said

@Unshra

It seems that currently you need to get all slots in a tier unlocked before you can start to unlock the next tier. However, within a tier you can unlock them in any order you want.

While I have not seen any specific comment on that I would assume that if you pay the subscription for multiple months you would get it directly - otherwise it would work different than for those that buy paragon points only.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 1:26PM (Unverified) said

@Unshra

Currently a player who subscribes for 12 months has to wait to get their veteran rewards.

If I understand correctly however, under the 'Paragon Rewards' program a player who purchases 12 months of VIP status (subscription) would get 12 reward tokens up front to place into the tiers for their rewards.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:26PM Stormwalker said

On a related note, Paragon Studios just revealed two new powersets at Comic Con. "Beam Gun" and "Street Justice."

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:29PM Utakata said

It does seem a bit confusing between Paragon Points, Rewards and Tokens TM. It almost seems they're planning to have 3 different currencies outside of Influence/Infamy and Merit Point...and I thought those where a bit confusing.

But one thing I can say though, I am glad I resubb'd. The Veteran sign thingy that pops up over my screen every time I roll a new toon does remind me there is likely good things in store for me if I stay subbed during the Freedon transition.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 6:39PM Ghostspeaker said

Wow. I'm gobsmacked by how awesome this is. Here's the money-quote for us poor folks:

"VIP players will already receive most tier benefits as part of a subscription. These include access to Mission Architect, the Mastermind and Controller class, and the auction house. Tier benefits help free and premium players gradually unlock access to some in-game systems in City of Heroes Freedom that VIP players already have access to as a benefit of their elite status."

It's basically like Turbine's system, except it rewards you with more free content just for playing and staying active instead of grinding 19365139 wargs.

This just might surpass Turbine as my favorite freemium model ever.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 7:14PM (Unverified) said

Holy crap the new costumes are nice.