Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 9:59AM Kalec said

the game looks bad, but it isn't!

Now only if they had a PvE server where u can flag /pvp. Instead of farming and getting ganked. Or make small PVE zones ? or something. I don't like pvp so I won't play the game (unless it goes free to play or something pve related happens)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:16AM mikejr said

@Kalec

I agree - this game is much better than it looks. hands down the most immersive game I've ever played.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:28PM wufiavelli said

@Kalec

The game is designed ground up for PvP. Not sure a pve server would work. I think however they are softenign things up with 2.0

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:09AM (Unverified) said

If you take all players actualy plaing this game, you cannot fulfill this new stairs on Yssam.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 5:25PM A sneaky zebra said

@(Unverified)

1) Nice spelling

2) had a 20v30 with 3 boats involved spur of the moment the last few nights in a row. There's plenty of people to go around.

3)Stop bashing my game son.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:54AM (Unverified) said

i finally got the free trial to work and not rip me off a dollar and then give me a broken launcher. so when they dropped the fee i jumped into a trail. loved it. tho just like i loved eve, my motivation to play fell to nothing as me, as a newbie will never ever be equal with the vets. as i keep pushing higher, then go higher. if 2.0 comes out and they do in fact do character wipes. i'm buying and playing 100%, my girlfriend will prob leave me as id put so much time into this.

this rant all came from watching the dungeon video (me being a huge dungeon fanatic!) and after experience of playing first person combat i can't wait

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 11:40AM Saker said

Have to agree with other posters, the graphics look, kinda "dated". That never really bothers me though, most fun I probably ever had with a MMO was waaaaay back with ancient EQ in the "good-ol-days". But the whole full-on pvp is a no-go for me. Every experience I've ever had with those games is bad. Like others have said if it was a "free"-play maybe, but I'd never pay old style subscription type for this kind of game. pvp games draw a$$hats like $hit draws flies.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:00PM Issmir said

@Saker

See, I don't mind the PVP thing. I'm not a big PVPer myself, but that edge of paranoia I got in the trial whenever I'd pass a complete stranger in the open was intense.

But the animations and graphics were so off-putting that I never bothered to put actual money down for the game.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:11PM Coolit said

Strange how the graphics in the videos don't look as good as they do in game for me right now. I hope people don't overlook this game because of what they hear. This is the best mmo I've ever played and has a certain sense of freedom and danger.

Check out my podcast on Sandbox mmos.

thesandbox.mmosmacktalk.com