Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 11:24AM krakead said

@krakead
Just had the following email back from Game:
We can confirm that we will be offering a pre-order bonus code for “Star Wars - The Old Republic”.

Any customers who have already preordered any edition online prior by Wednesday 27th July will be receiving their code Thursday 28th July. After the 28th July, any new preorders will be received on the Thursday after you have placed your order.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:20AM Rayko said

Thanks for explaining it to me a second time, now I REALLY get it.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 10:11AM JanChel said

Seems all the complaints about the CE price is moot as it is sold out. Until they eventually get more that is.

In any case, the bundle could have gone without the statue. Especially with their choice of model. They could've gone with several variants with some of the game's classes. Like that bounty hunter or that smuggler who I don't know the names of and definitely Satelle Shan for the Jedi.

And I'm still surprised people are complaining about subscriptions. Typically, games only go free-to-play if they can't hack it in the subscription business. (usually because their games suck) Or the price; if you don't want to pay for it then don't buy it. Simple as that. If you still really want to play it, wait for the price to drop. I'm sure the world isn't going to end anytime soon. >: )

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 6:09PM Delvenar said

They may not actually get more. The statue, (even though it's probably the thing most people wanted the least) is the one thing that's going to take the most time and effort to make. It's probably resin cast so not hard to make, but the painting is fairly detailed. My guess would be they issued 100k of the CEs. 80-100k is normal, maybe 125 even 150k, which explains why they were gone before noon EST. When you consider that Old Republic is probably the one game with a shot a being the actual "wow-killer" everyone thinks every new triple-A title coming out "could be" =P

I would have liked the vendor, but that's really about it. Yeah, the authenticator, soundtrack, and some of the other stuff is nice out of the physical, but most of that's going to be available later on separately.

The biggest issue with the vendor though, is the wording "Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition." that is what worries people about "pay to win" - i doubt there will be much of anything in it that's imbalancing from a gameplay standpoint, but the potential for game-breaking stuff is there.

Personally I just wanted one of the color changing crystals, and i might grab the digital deluxe, for the 5 in game items. The stap and recorder for in game would be kinda cool. I am curious though, as to how they are doing the blaster and light saber colors. Will it be like 6 or 8 colors to choose from, or do we get to do an RGB color wheel type selection? =P I mean, they didnt get into it in the movies, but Jedi actually did have various colors in the pen n paper if i remember right. Just what we need right? Barbie pink light sabers lol (first thing my son said)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:51PM Bolongo said

Hey, someone managed to post while I was typing, It happens. :)

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 12:52PM Bolongo said

Umm that should have been a reply to a different post, dunno what happened there... :P

Posted: Jul 24th 2011 5:50PM bcrfan said

I'm sorry but 150 us + taxes is insane for a game, add to it that it's not been played, and in all likelihood is going to be the same rinse repeat experience as WoW but with lightsabers, and that insanity turns into pure lunacy.

No thanks, now gonna waste my money on this one until I see that it has something to offer.