Posted: Jul 21st 2011 12:39PM Mr Angry said

I get the feeling Blizzard are only tolerating this as they will be announcing a web client based version of WoW or an iOS client at this year's Blizzcon. I could swear the art in places is identical.

I tried it on my phone, it was kinda fun, but found it a but too cramped to be fun for too long and it felt a little like everyone was crammed into a series of small areas.

I also think it's pretty shitty that GameLoft treat their staff so badly, so I don't think I'll be buy anymore products from them, but what they have done is pretty impressive and if nothing else shows they are able to innovate on the deployment side of MMO gaming.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 12:44PM Germaximus said

• 1 heart
ahahahaha omg

Lame.

It can only get worse.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 12:59PM Dits said

• 1 heart
I get the hate and its quite sickening how gaming is going, but mark this day down as pretty soon we will hear how this clone has surpassed WoW in numbers and revenue

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 1:05PM Pingles said

Order and Chaos is an amazing accomplishment in regards to mobile gaming. It single-handedly convinced me that not only are Mobile MMOs possible but that the interface is both intuitive and enjoyable.

As a PC client game Order and Chaos is pretty far down on the list of games I'd consider.

And the game itself has some growing pains to get through. It has the free-for-all PvP areas woven pretty tightly into the quest lines and when you are playing you only find out you've crossed a PvP border when your flag appears.

Travel in the game is painful enough that I purposely skipped training for several levels just because I didn't want to "hop" across the entire game map to my trainer.

I'm letting my subscription expire. I'll revisit it in a year or so.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 1:48PM babywolfman said

@Pingles
I just got an Android phone (Incredible 2) and downloaded this out of curiosity. I was FLOORED by how well it played and how well-designed it was. It completely changed my outlook, like you said, of what's possible on a phone. I thought phone games was all "Angry Birds" and "Cut the Rope", but this is a legit MMO with all of the trappings you'd expect, a surprising level of polish, and all in the palm of your hand.

I wouldn't get a Droid or iPhone JUST to play this, nor would I have ever gone out of my way to play it on a PC, but if you like MMOs (WoW in particular) and you'd rather play one of those on your phone than your usual score-focused time-waster, this game is awesome.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 1:09PM SnarlingWolf said

"Mobile equivalent of WoW" That sounds awful...

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 1:52PM Sunlover said

Interesting. I guess I'll give it a try for those first ten levels. Let me have a look...

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 2:44PM Vorender said

I can now add O&A to the long list of MMOs I've played for 30 minutes or less. Hooray!!!

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 2:45PM Vorender said

@Vorender

O&C! ....sigh.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 4:22PM Bladerunner83 said

Equally compared to WoW's community, but as for quality. If the game was a equally comparable to WoW in quality, then it would be a $15 a month sub. and it should have at least 10 million players. When it hits at least 10 million players, then you can compare it to WoW, other than that, it's just a wanabe clone looking to steal some thunder from the behemoth.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 5:45PM Kitanishi said

@Bladerunner83

erm, you do know that you are expecting from MOBILE PLATFORM mmo same things as from a pc mmo ? :)

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 6:51PM Bladerunner83 said

@Kitanishi

I do expect mobile platforms to be comparable to the pc. Why? It's not the limitations of a mobile device, it is the depth of the game being produced. I want a quality game on my mobile device, not these stupid games like Stupid Zombies and Angry bird. These games are spawned from a lazy generation with the full intentions on making money with little effort on a quality experience. Think about this, back in the 90s they made spectacular games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo. Back then, those games were top of the line, I had an 800 MHz single core processor with 500 MB ram from Gateway computers and that was top of the line computer of its time; That PC configuration was just enough to run those two games, especially Baldur's Gate. Damn near 10 years later and technology hasn't improved? An ipod touch 3rd gen for example, for the 32 GB and 64 GB configurations use an Apple branded Samsung ARM processor running at 800 MHz. What I'm trying to say is the Ipod can run Diablo and Baldur's Gate, but we are faced with money hungry corporations that rather spend 10min on a dumb game, than convert a classic to play on a mobile device. F*ck the Ipod and the android, I can boot up my notebook with the Verizon wireless satellite network, and guess what, I can play WoW mobile.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 7:31PM Pingles said

@Bladerunner83

Age of Conan has a 14GB footprint on my PC.

I think you may be expecting a little too much out of mobile gaming.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 2:48AM elliotrock said

@Bladerunner83

Zynga stole Bliz thunder a long time ago... I will bet that Bliz next MMO will be free to play.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 11:15AM Bladerunner83 said

@elliotrock

Zynga? LOL, the queen of cheap and generic? Who give a flying f*ck if Blizzards next MMO is F2P. I'm not going to play a casual MMO, even if its AAA; I would rather spend my time on a challenging MMO.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 11:32AM Bladerunner83 said

@Pingles

Ipod has a storage capacity of 32 GB at a minimum. That is plenty of space for AoC. Unfortunately it was programmed and designed for a PC, not a mobile device. If Funcom focused on the mobile market, I could guarantee there would be a beautiful version of AoC for your mobile device. But that's not were the big bucks are, it's a trend. Not everyone in the world wants to play a cramped mobile game. Some don't even own a smart phone. What I'm pointing out is that they can make spectacular games for the mobile device, but they don't. There are lists and lists of "best games of all times" throughout the internet, why not remake a classic, knowing damn well it will make a profit. These companies make generic 100+ level games, it's just as bad as grinding in any MMO. All you people are oblivious to the repercussion caused by this mobile trend, if you think I'm wrong do some research. Its ties in with the dumbing down of America, just like mass media spawns aggression, dumb games spawn dumb people. Go take a sociology class if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 6:42PM Inspectah said

i cant seem to use my existing account though through this. well this is useless.