Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:12AM The Minn said

I will try this game out but....I am sure I would get my ass whooped and there would be so much to learn. It is nice to know that one of the first MMOs is still alive and kicking. Like EQ1 I am sure this game makes nothing but profit every month still.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:33AM (Unverified) said

Nah, UO is pretty easy these days.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 11:14AM Azzura said

I played this back in 2000-2003 and just recently returned to mess around. It is still fun - it is hard to get use to again after playing games like WoW where you have 100,000-200,000 hit points and then go to a game where you have 130. You die! And then you have to find a way to rez.....then run back to you body for your stuff!

I've seen MANY old player return to UO these past 2 months. I think people are tired of the Easy, Click Here & linear path games. The graphics take some getting use to, but if you can get past it and kinda say - hey this is like Minecraft's Graphics and that game is fun..... I would still recommend using the Classic graphics and not the new updated ones, they still havent figured out how to redesign them properly :)

Plenty of spaces for big custom houses available. Lots of decorations to hunt or craft of steal. But there is no hand holding in this game.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 11:16AM C Rose said

This is so awesome. I never played UO. I started with EQ in '99. But it's great to see a game last so long and still give it's fans something new to enjoy. Good job UO devs.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 12:06PM Unverfied B said

I played it 97-2001... not really my cup of tea anymore, but it's great to see that the game is still around and kicking.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 12:11PM Unverfied B said

Also seeing EA still actively maintaining and developing the game after so many years (and probably not stellar financial performance and subs count) gives me a lot of confidence in the future of their other games (read: SW:TOR), unlike some other publishers (read: NCSoft and SOE)

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 12:38PM Zeomne said

UO is a great world! Been playing since 1998! I've recently released an epic UO inspired scream metal album. For fans of Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, and Turisas. Check it owt, ogres! http://inred.bandcamp.com inRed - "Serpents Hold" 12 tracks of heroic majesty.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:51PM Minx said

Crazy they are up to Publish 71 as I recall Publish 16 being my uninstall date. At least they found a way to milk it as a novelty, but its sort of like looking into the eyes of a deranged friend wondering what happened to them.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 8:57PM Laephis said

Really wish they'd launch a new shard with an old ruleset (T2A preferable). I'd glad pay $15/month for that.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 2:44AM Zeomne said