Posted: Jul 20th 2011 9:11AM Yellowdancer said

I think Tera is going to suffer for not coming out sooner. A huge window was open between Rift and SWTOR. Now they are going to put themselves in competition with TOR which has story and GW2 which has action based combat. And its a subscription model..not going to be pretty. Plus its a grinder of a game. Yucky.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:14AM antagonistyahoocom said

@Yellowdancer

Agreed. I think there are a lot of people who could've really used a gap filler the past 6-8 months.

But who is going to touch this crap with GW2 and SWTOR out?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:53PM Minx said

@Yellowdancer Its not a grinder game whatsoever (more like a themepark where you get to pick from various rides to progress), but I agree otherwise. I'm very disappointed they did not release sooner, its a naive move.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 9:22AM i2hellfire said

@JohnLane while you wait patiently for, say...swtor info, release dates, whatever, it might be beneficial for your future prospects to consider going back to school. it may make your attempts at communication less awkward.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 11:33AM ElfLove said

That's great but....it's like this game only exists in some kinda collective dream. Is their even an open beta yet? Something? Anything?

I feel like I've played it already. Same with SWTOR.

Sometimes, less is more, with the hype Tera team.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 1:14PM Jetflame3 said

Looks really nice! I like the feel that the lore brings too the table. Sure SWTOR has story and GW2 has action based combat, but this is a two in one package. I will play SWTOR, but I probably won't be playing GW2 and this game attracts my attention more then GW2 anyhow. Still, I do wish more information would become available, especially if they plan on releasing this year.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 5:16PM (Unverified) said

Tera is going to have to win players, they won't stand a chance against a head to head to GW2. Open beta is a must, especially with bad reviews from Korea (keep in mind NA play very different though).

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014