Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:24PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Want a new spaceship game to come out....

(won't tinker with Eve ever again)

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:58PM Pasha said

• 1 heart
I bet those cards provided by NVIDIA for free. There is no way "Greed is good" CCP decided to waste their money on GeForce cards or Alienware laptops. I believe if they were forced to provide prizes by themselves for their own money - they'd prefer to reward players with "oh-so-valuable" $70 virtual monocles.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 7:34PM Valkesh said

How many Evedollars will I need to spend to unlock the next tier of photos?

Seriously, CCP fucked things beyond reconciliation. Nothing they can do to even make me look at them or what they're doing with anything but disdain now...

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 11:14PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Ah, so Aurum is not the success CCP thought it would be. So they're spreading it around for free in order to bait people into the monocle shop. /facepalm

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 3:39AM shiningfury said

• 1 heart
This is PR fluff designed to make people forget about what happened. I've played Eve since day 1 but the attitude expressed by CCP after the Incarna debacle was equal parts arrogance and incompetence. I'm done with Eve and CCP.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 7:29AM axler said

Same here, played for about 7 years, but this greedy monocle crap they pulled made me quit.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 7:39AM Wizardling said

I'm not surprised CCP have to bribe people to contribute to this exercise in poorly timed PR.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 8:25AM mikejr said

I'll echo the comments of shiningfury and axler here...

EVE lost it's intimate with monoclegate.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 9:45AM TyrionLannister said

It amazes me how negative almost everyone on this site is lol. Every article I go into about almost any game is just people talking about how much that game sucks. Why are you all here?

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 11:35AM Luk said

@TyrionLannister
Eve is a great game with a very committed user base who do not easily forgive or forget. Just watch the Butterfly effect video about how committed (in the worse sense of the word) they can be.

CCP is spreading love around now all over, expect invitations to experience Incarna for free for 5 days right now. I got one and still not sure if i want to dive into this "rabid" hole that sucks your soul and time.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 12:49PM kgptzac said

@TyrionLannister

Don't mention much of the rant against CCP has little to do with the article itself, which then just became something between an eyesore and spam.

Though it is a legitimate concern that giving people Aurum as a reward with current set of purchasable goods in NeX isn't very useful to many players... and I gotta say I hated that "Eve is Real" trailer since it gotta be the most cheesy and silly Eve trailer I've ever seen. Hopefully player submissions are more clever and just better than that.

Posted: Aug 2nd 2011 10:40AM Aramaki Makisan said

@kgptzac
the eve is real trailer is probably the closest trailer to actual ingame combat tbh :P

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 3:02PM LeBouc said

"wwaaaa, the ebil CCP has forced me to buy all these expensive things! Who do they think they are, trying to make a profit! Waaaa!" Oh spare us the false self-pity.

To all of you who can only seem to work yourself up to comment about negative bad press about your MMO, I pity you.

Posted: Jul 30th 2011 2:23AM mattwo said