Posted: Jul 20th 2011 3:21PM Platapus said

Neat.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 12:19AM Vundal said

the only thing i dont get. why can free players like myself not join a super group? it just seems like an unnecessary bar from free and premium members.

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 4:19AM Space Cobra said

@Vundal

I am wondering about old/returning players. I understand the lack of /tells, but it will be troublesome. I am also worried since I am a part of certain in-game/player created channels (one from a forum and a few others that facilitate LFG and general chat/RP). I am thinking/dreading those going away.

I will probably re-sub soon, just to get some of my ducks in order: I've been away from the game a long time and have much to catch up on. It's going to be very daunting relearning things and learning new things have replaced things I thought I knew.

But yeah, keep up the "schilling"! ;D (I know, I've seen those comments in other reply sections on Massively!)

Posted: Jul 21st 2011 5:46AM starbuck1771 said

• 1 heart
HEH If the news is true there may be no more Alter-Ego for hacker groups Anonymous & Lolzsec. It is about time those cybercriminals got jailed. Congratz to the FBI.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2011 8:10PM Daemodand said

Eliot you sell out! Just kidding! ;)

Your articles have always been pretty well balanced. But I think you show here why sites like this are definitely not journalism, but a form of advertising (nothing inherently wrong with that, people just need to stop thinking/expecting game writers to be journalists).

Those you "report" on are pretty much in control of your "reports". In real journalism, getting payola (like costume codes) from those you report on would be a serious ethics violation, but in game writing it's all part of the back-scratching the system is based on.

So long as everyone, writers and readers alike, know what this is and know that this definitely isn't journalism, there's nothing wrong with it. It's infotainment.

WRUP: You'll shoot your eye out, kid

Posted on Dec 27th 2014 10:00AM