Posted: Jul 19th 2011 5:04PM Wic said

Oh come on this has been out in korea for a decade almost already hype meter is deflating really need this korean bad boy released Im tired of the teasing if it were a woman I would have dumped it by now.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 5:33PM Issmir said

@Wic
If a woman hides from you by going to Korea for a year, you might not have to dump her.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 7:32PM Alex Oglitchkin said

@Wic The release date will be announced at PAX. So in like 38-40 days or something you will know when it comes out. It's most likely coming out September or October. Probably a week or 2 after PAX the will do Beta for a couple of weeks then release the game.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 1:57AM angryhoar said

@Alex Oglitchkin Well Aug 26th- 28th! I'm putting it in my agenda. It's at least something more tangible than these fcking hype videos and press releases.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 5:38PM Nhoj1983 said

Well when the Koreans are complaining about lack of content you know we would have. I'm thinking they're putting off release until there's more meat on it's bones.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 5:59PM Tyrang said

@Nhoj1983

That is what I think too. I rather they release a game that doesn't have DCUO issues, which is the lack of content.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 6:01PM Wic said

@Iss
Skype relationships can work :( or am I too hopeful!

@Nho
I understand your point it doesnt stop me from being game barren right now having turned my nose up at gear grinders.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 9:27PM Issmir said

@Wic
Statistically, you're too hopeful. :P

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 6:02PM ThePeon25 said

Well when the game has more meat on the bone it will be out of date and 100 new games will have taken over and they will end up like few outer games that came here to Eu or US meaning they have to close down the game a few weeks after release I can bet same when Vindictus comes to Eu they game will get 50-100 players then have to close down cuz no one is interested anymore cuz 40 new mmos was faster than Tera and Vindictus. So sure take your time if you wan´t ppls to lose interest in your game.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 7:16PM syklonis said

How about take me to a darn beta invite instead of the oblivion woods! I just want to play this game to see how it is, not be teased forever and a day...

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 7:36PM antagonistyahoocom said

^ I love this guy.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 9:03PM ElfLove said

I'm almost 'over' the game at this point. I mean it just seems like Tera is an endless succession of news bits, and bits, and no real game.

Like others have said by the time this game sees the light of day here, it may be to late. Not due to lack of content or slick visual style...just because it was literally hyped to death. o_O

I feel like I've played it, leveled alts, un-subbed, came back, and now I quit playing for a new mmo. LOL

(no bad on you Massively folks...you just report what you get)

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 9:49PM PrimeSynergy said

@ElfLove

I'm in the same boat. It also doesn't help that every. single. freakin. developer video makes me want to punch the whole dev team in all of their faces.

I made a similar comment about SWTOR and another site and someone called me out for being impatient and getting my hopes too high. However, I see this whole marketing thing (as well as the game) like a roller coaster ride. The first big hill at the start of the ride is the time before the release of a game.

At first, you're super excited that you're on this roller coaster. You don't mind there's a wait before the fun, you're just happy that some fun is coming your way. However, at a certain point, that hill becomes too much. If you spent an hour to get up that damn hill, you aren't excited anymore. At that point you'd rather be off. At the point you could care less about the ride because there's almost no feasible way that minute-long ride of a roller coaster could possibly make up for that hour of torture.

A very crude and unrefined metaphor, but it gets the job done lol

Developers of the world, at a certain point, I don't care about your game anymore. You had my attention. You had your chance. I'm sick of playing games (hahahaha) with you when i have other people who are equally as, if not more, interested in my money than you are.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 11:35PM Valdur said

@ElfLove

I know the feeling,I have lost interest in this game the same way as I did after playing Rift for 3 months.I have been hearing from this game for so long and watched so many videos and read so many articles,reports,fan reviews and now I don't care anymore.

I seriously doubt that this game will have an audience by the time it launches because it looks like TERA will miss the starting gun or has it already missed it?

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 9:26PM Issmir said

@antagonistyahoocom

You're in the minority there, from the looks of it, but it's OK. I get the impression he's doing it on purpose.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 8:30AM InkSix said

I don't pay attention to TERA articles unless its a release date. I'm tired of the dangling carrot in front of my face.