Posted: Jul 19th 2011 12:35PM WyattEarp89 said

Just got done reading it. I am very excited for what Cryptic has planned for Star Trek Online. I can't really pick out just one or two things that I am really looking forward to since everything Dan Stahl has listed looks awesome.

I am excited to play the Season 4 Episodes since they take place around DS9 which was one of my favorite Star Trek TV shows. :)

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 1:21PM (Unverified) said

Wow. Some good stuff. I'm personally looking forward to the ground invasion map and Starfleet Academy. Also, it will be huge if they can pull off removing sector walls to create one big space zone. These guys are on a serious roll!

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 5:44AM Snichy said

@(Unverified). I played at release but not since and keep waiting for the right time to come back and try it. I think if they indeed remove sectors walls then I will literally have no excuse not to come back as that was something that I hated. There has been so many changes and improvements every time I think about returning, something else is announced and I think I will wait for that to come out!

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 3:26PM dudes said

I hope the cancellation of the space shuttle programme isn't a bad omen.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 3:44PM Lenn said

@dudes If NASA keeps getting their financial rug pulled out from under them, Star Trek will forever remain science fiction.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 4:27PM Faryon said

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the following line yet:
"Ability to auction Emblems for C-Points between players"

Personally this has me a bit worried.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 2:08AM (Unverified) said

@Faryon Why worried? If anything this is a good thing. It allows players that don't want to pay irl money for items from the C-Store to still be able to get the items for emblems. That's all it means. How would that be bad at all?

If anything, it is making C-Store items available to people who can't spend the irl money for them. Period.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:26AM Faryon said

@(Unverified)
It also makes endgame items effectively available through real world money. If a rich player (IRL) wants to get the best equipment and is willing to spend RL cash on it all he/she has to do is buy lots of C-Points and use them to buy emblems from other players. He/she can then use those emblems to outfit his/her char and ship with XI epics in a matter of hours instead of days-weeks.

Personally I do not support an economy based on converting RL money into virtual goods (which we do not even own under the STO Terms of Use). It is also my belief that this change could, in a worst case scenario, split the STO community between "farmers" and "buyers".

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM