Posted: Jul 19th 2011 10:35PM (Unverified) said

I am currently level 33 and I am just blown away with how much content their is to do, questing is your regular 'kill 20 wolves' but there is so much to do if you don't feel like questing (instances, crafting etc.) it's both refreshing and comfortable. Looking forward to hitting a higher level and this expansion, thanks for pointing this out. (:

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 10:36PM (Unverified) said

there* damn not being able to edit and being tired

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 10:59PM Kasen said

I would love to try this out again, played it in beta and enjoyed what little I played. The reason was you could not invert your mouse :( I know to some this is not a big deal but for me I have inverted my mouse in every game I have ever played....so not sure why Forsaken did not have the option.

Do you know if they have added this option?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 11:08PM (Unverified) said

I just checked both in game and on the forums, there is no mouse inversion.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 11:20PM Kasen said

Ah damn :( Oh well thanks for checking.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 11:32PM (Unverified) said

@JohnLane Is English your 8th language? And on the grind note this game is predominantly an Asian import, they tuned the grind WAY down for western audiences and you do not just need to slam your face against the keyboard grinding mobs there is much more you can do to progress. On the cash shop note; you do not necessarily need to 'pay to win' and there is no gated content (lotro etc.) Anything in the cash shop can be earned and you can actually buy the cash shop currency with in game coins. At max level players have an easier time upgrading their gear to maximum potential if they buy but it's by no means required.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 1:20PM Sabbatai said

@(Unverified) Obviously, biting sarcasm is your first language, eh?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 2:27AM Ryn said

@JohnLane

You guys are just too funny lmao

8th language lol

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 3:59AM Gaugamela said

@JohnLane

I agree with you. How do people still stomach WoW?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:18AM dudes said

No mouse inversion? Why God, WHYYYYYY?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 6:41AM Dril said

@Gaugamela

And what should they be digesting instead?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 8:02AM GosuSensei said

I really hope they bring in some interesting content.
PvP sucks currently, not because its boring but because european people dont seem to like PvP in F2P games.
PvE gets easier the higher your lvl is. And boring.
This game has loads of content and one of the best looking maps and dungeons i have ever seen in a F2P and most P2P games, but it currently lacks endcontent. There is no goal in this game to work for, be it as a guild or as a player. It suchs to be at a high lvl.

The cashshop is REALLY fair. Yes you can buy gold in the cashshop but
it works out really well as its not too much gold and there are PLENTY of goldsinks. I have rarely seen such a well balanced economic system in a game.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 8:44AM Gaugamela said

@Dril

WoW has the exact same type of grindy quests that all these other MMOs have and there is barely any complaint from the rabid fanboys. Yet if other MMOs emply those quests then "OMGzors, this quest system is TEH SUXORS!!!!!!1!!!!11!!"

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 8:47AM Gaugamela said

@Dril

What I want to reach is that there is a double standard in the MMO playerbase. If WoW does something grindy there's barely any complaint. While if other games do THE EXACT SAME THING then they're bad.

There's a truckload of other MMOs around besides WoW, all of them have kill quests, gathering quests and delivery quests.
So there's plenty of games that people can play besides WoW and complaining about that in the current MMO market is just dumb because almost every MMO does it including WoW.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:43AM Tinkus said

There is only one thing keeping me from coming back to this game: the goddamned world chat that's forced on every player. I have no problem with any other system in FW, and to be honest if it were possible to disable or completely hide the world chat, I'd gladly spend money on this game.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 9:39PM (Unverified) said

@Tinkus
A couple of observations... First, Forsaken World is free to play, no purchase needed.
The 'world chat' can only be accessed via special items, I am lvl 30 and only have 9 of them, meaning I can only use world chat 9x unless I spend ingame Gold or spend real money on ingame gold, so there is very little world chat. Also, the chat UI has the options to mute one or all channels if you want to be left alone.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:04PM Tinkus said

@(Unverified) I know it's free to play. I was speaking of buying something optional. I rarely spend money in F2P, but this is a very polished game, considering it's an Asian grinder.

I don't think I was clear on what I meant by the world chat being forced on every player: There are two chat windows. One is a MANDATORY world chat window. Unless there's an option buried somewhere, there's no way to stop the flow of inane chatter, short of minimizing the whole damn chat system. I'd much rather have the top half dedicated to system messages and combat logs, with the lower half NPC and local chat.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2011 12:58AM (Unverified) said

@Tinkus
The feature you wanted has been added. it hides all chat if desired.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:45AM (Unverified) said

I tried the game a week ago and I found it lacking. It's pretty, but the animations and content are just meh. X_X Also, why am I still 'unverified' as a username rather than the one I seemingly keep choosing at login?

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 2:10PM Zethe said

I got to about 27 and a family member got to 40 and while it was grindy i expect that on F2P games especially asian ones. It was very good looking for a free game(One built as F2P rather than converted from P2P).

I got bored in the end but this is by no means any stain on the game itself i've tried almost every game out currently and none of them can keep my attention.

It was a bit "easy" i don't think i died once but i only reached 27.
| 1 | 2 |