Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:22PM gwash said

Been thinking of coming back to Aion after leaving 6 months after launch.
Is it worth it?

Will i be disappointed?

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:38PM Laren said

@gwash

Depends why you left...

It is a good game now. But it does have some flaws (but so do all games)

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 10:29PM gwash said

@Laren

True,
i left because of how grindy it became, i was tiered of paying X amount for travel and lost EXP.
Also, im a student now, and its not like i have heaps and heaps of time on my hands.
how casual friendly is this game now?
casual being 6~10 hours a week.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 1:27AM Laren said

@gwash

The leveling grind is pretty much gone. Play asmodian and it is definitely gone. There is actually too much leveling content so far, so I've had to pick and choose which to do.

Money in this game is no issue while leveling. You get free gear while leveling up (this is pretty slick, I must say). They reduced the death penalty significantly, and traveling is cheap. No need to worry about that at all.

I have no experience with end game, but apparently there is all sorts of grind there. I am not worrying about it, as I am having a blast right now.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:44PM ThePeon25 said

wow that was something special to read rely great reading that's for sure I want to see more of this writing ^.^

Hope you will have a fun time when Aion 2.6 comes I hope I will cuz I just started playing Aion for the first time in my life

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 2:07AM gwash said

Well, that's good to hear.
Seems like even though i can't donate a lot of my time a week i can still enjoy the game at a good pace.
sounds like i might be giving the trial a shot some time soon.

One last question, hows the population?
specifically for the oceanic times, see as i'm in Australia.
if you don't know, no biggie.

Thanks for all your help :D

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 2:21AM Hockster said

• 1 heart
@gwash There aren't any Oceanic servers left. Population is absolutely terrible for the Asmodian faction on 3 of the 4 servers. Not good for a faction based PvP game.

Aion is a dying game, once GW2 or SWTOR is released Aion is finished. The only reason it's still hanging on is because there is just nothing else worth playing right now.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 9:14AM Laren said

@gwash

I can't comment on the state of the game, but I can comment that the world feels full enough. Play wow and you'll see that even with millions of players, the world is empty. Not as bad in aion (there are certainly some empty areas). With the mentor system you have high level players coming back to help levelers. And soon in 2.6 (august 3rd) they will make it easier to find dungeon groups.

I really don't know how the game will play from Australia. In the past rubber banding was a problem with this game, but I haven't experienced any... But I'm not in the down under either.

Anyways, you can't go wrong by playing the trial. It is free. :) just remember when you ding 20 the trial ends, so if you have playtime left, stop at 19 and roll an alt.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 10:36AM angryhoar said

@Hockster The same can be for every other MMO out there. One man's trash etc etc is the way I see it.
Unless the company itself pulls the plug there's no way any of the games we consider subpar, crappy & snoozefests can simply die off even if the second coming of sliced bread is upon us.