Posted: Jul 18th 2011 6:36PM Beau Hindman said

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out OK for everyone, and for the game.

Beau

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 6:47PM aaradun said

game was meh, so doesn't supprise me to be honest. sorry to hear for those that lost their job.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 6:54PM Fabius Bile said

same here, feel sorry for those losing their jobs in the current economy, but cant say Im really surprised.

This was "Chronicle of a Death Foretold"...

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 7:05PM Sunlover said

This is the most important reason to make sure your games ship when they are ready, developers/publishers. I know I don't know all of the goings on and any other economic, financial, or business issues involved, but I do know that things like this don't happen as much to game development studios that release solid products.

Hate discovering that a game I was looking forward to or interested in is a disappointment. But I hate reading things like this even more.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 7:34PM Popplewell said

This, of course, was the game Sean Dahlberg left TOR to be a part of.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 11:21PM Caskio said

@Popplewell

Exactly what I was thinking. What was Sean thinking?

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 11:33PM Averdrian said

@Popplewell Meh I wouldn't want someone dumb enough to leave TOR for this working on TOR anyway.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 1:41AM Ripper McGee said

@Popplewell Leaving a company in which you have no creative stake (he was a CM) for the opportunity to work on an ambitions project (small team, low budget and very, very short timeline for a MMO) and help design something from the ground up is a pretty ballsy thing to do and he has my respect for it. If Faxion fails, it fails, but props to him for trying to do something he wanted to.

Also, working on TOR isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've had two friends working on that project in two different capacities, both of whom are MUCH happier where they are now.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 7:55PM Syesta said

Not surprising.
UTV Ignition is supposedly getting out of the development business all together and is going to be solely a publishing outfit.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:45PM Ripper McGee said

Sucks :( I feel horrible for those affected. It's yet another round of layoffs in Austin...

As for the game, it's better than it's ever been and has some really promising new features coming, too. If they can fix the performance issues with ATI cards, i'll be greatly improved for a pretty large gamer population, too.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 11:30PM startruck said

this industry just can't seem to learn from itself.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 11:37PM MewmewGirl said

I have been waiting to see the announcement of this game closing actually. When you go on the game there aren't that many people playing it and they are constantly giving away Cash Shop items to try to lure in new players (doing it far too often - in a way that let you know they were getting desperate). The game felt like it was a nice start but needed more work. PvP games also aren't my choice of game anyway. I know it's Faction based PvP but it's not like the type that have a huge land of their own, you hit the other guys pretty early on.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 3:59AM Boojum said

It makes me feel sad for the folk working there.

I know the sting of putting your faith in a small hopeful company only for it to fold underneath you.

You have to be quite savvy these days to put together a small successful MMO outfit and keep your people employed...times is tough.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:18AM Phenomen said

The idea of the game is interesting, but game itself is so incomplete and not enjoyable at all.

Posted: Jul 20th 2011 10:38AM hami83 said

I enjoyed what I played, but I have trouble running the game on both my desktop and netbook.