Posted: Jul 18th 2011 5:19PM SocksForYou said

EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT!

"As the dropship touched down, Corporal Jones unhooked the safety restraints from his chair and made his way to the exit hatch. He paused at the weapons locker, checking to see if he had enough Aurum to spend on a rifle."

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 7:08PM starbuck1771 said

• Half a heart
Thanks for the waste of space. DUST 514 isn't even remotely interesting. It lost my interest the second CCP said screw you this is only going to PS3. Nice way to screw your loyal EVE players CCP. At this point CCP has lost my EVE subscriptions.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 7:39PM Popplewell said

Once upon a time there was a company that decided to make a game on the PS3 when all their fanbase was playing on the PC.

Then an evil wizard announced the PS4 while all the Devil's little advocates talked, purely hypothetically, about microtransactions.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:02PM Keeop said

I will need a giant virtual spreadsheet that I can subscribe to in order to track my interest in this fascinating saga. Has anyone seen my monocle?

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:02PM HereticalPenguin said

In regards to the previous few posts, what the heck do these fiction pieces have to do with a subscription model or game platforms?

I haven't read all of the parts of the Dust 514 story, but they don't seem bad at all for licensed fiction. I've definitely read much worse.

Posted: Jul 18th 2011 9:18PM Keeop said

@HereticalPenguin Well, in the case of Eve I'd say everything? Rich, deep fiction appeared right along side the game, and in many cases are consumed together in one big tasty glass of funk. Folks are busy hating on CCP at the moment, and JohnLane is fresh out of Troll U. I'm surprised you put any thought into the whole mess at all, really :) Cheers.

Posted: Jul 19th 2011 10:25AM PacketBurner said

@HereticalPenguin

They bought a diminishing PnP company who pumped out two sets of vampire, mage, and grunge fantasy for years. Some eve lore shouldn't be too hard.

Hope they let them knock out more Wodo fiction sometime soon!

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014